What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The road to becoming a director took a few twists and turns for Berlin-born British director Gordon Hessler. Arriving in America as a teenage in the waning days of WWII, he worked on short films and documentaries before finding work in television as a story reader, story editor and eventually associate producer and director of a few episodes of Alfred Hitchcock’s TV series Alfred Hitchcock Presents (later The Alfred Hitchcock Hour). While he made his directorial debut with the low budget The Woman Who Wouldn’t Die (AKA Catacombs) in 1965, he wouldn’t get his big break until American International Pictures asked him to take over directing duties for a project he was working on as a producer, The Oblong Box. Previously released on Blu-ray by Kino (via licensing agreement with MGM), the company has resurrected the movie for a new Blu-ray release.

The Oblong Box (1969)

Released: 11 Jun 1969
Rated: R
Runtime: 96 min...

Continue reading...

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
The Oblong Box is a title I've had on my Amazon old-school horror wish list for a long time. But I've yet to order it. This release might just help me rectify that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamywaby
Recent bookmarks