What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The O.C. - What happened? (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if the O.C. box set went out of print?

It is unavailable at all of the retailers (Amazon, Circuit, Best Buy), saying it is backordered for 1-2 months. There is only one used copy on Amazon going for $75.

I saw plenty in stores after it was released.

Is it just really popular for gifts or is it out of print?

I never watched the show when it aired, but rented the first disc and it was a lot of fun. I can see why it is talked about so much. I was looking into seeing how much it would be to buy and couldn't find it anywhere.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
From what I've heard, there's something 'special' about the box it comes in, and there's been delays printing more.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
hmm,I don't know.But if you can find one,pick it up.It has some cool special features IMO and is a great show.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Like others have said, it's in HUGE demand. I had a problem with two of my discs being scratched (I HATE that packaging) and I haven't been able to get it replaced so I can do a review. I haven't seen it in any stores after the first week of release, and Warner is scrambling to get more made. Jesse is also correct; it's not a delay with the replicators, it's a delay with the packaging people.

Gord

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Mine finally shipped yesterday from the DDD sale over a month ago.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Must be that shiny cardboard foil, because there is no shortage of other series with the same basic style (Gilmore Girls S2, Smallville S3).

It's a great set, and I'm glad it's popular. I just wish it was a Fox show, to give them incentive not to cancel it, now that the media darling status has worn off and ratings are dropping in the new time slot (though I think it will go at LEAST two more seasons).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I was in one store yesterday where they had four copies, but they were all $65 each. Since it normally goes for around $50, I decided to wait on it and continue to rent them from Netflix.

Very addictive show though. I've gone through the first two discs, can't wait to get the next.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is by far one of my favorite shows! I've not missed an episode yet. I don't have the first season set yet, but it was definitely #1 on my Christmas list. I literally look forward to Thursdays just so I can watch it.

The O.C. is definitely the best primetime soap to come along since Beverly Hills 90210.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks