What's new

The O.C. Season DVD on their way... (1 Viewer)

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Digital Bits is reporting on their Rumor Mill site that Warner Brothers is "already hard at work on the The O.C.: The Complete First Season, which will be released later this year as a 6 disc box set (featuring 27 episodes plus extras)".

Since this is on their Rumour site and no confirmation has been given, the date may be changing.
I think this is great from Warner Brothers part to release the DVD set in order to capitalize on the sucess and popularity of the show.

Ever since I started watching the show last summer, I have been hooked.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
I'm so excited. I have all the current episodes HDTV quality on my computer, but the DVD will own!!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I agree. I've been watching this show religiously since it debut last summer. I haven't missed an episode yet. In my opinion this is the best teen drama to come along since 90210 left the scene. I see big things ahead for this program, and with the first season coming on DVD, you can bet I'll be among the first to pick it up.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
A 6-disc set? Does this mean WB is abandoning the DVD-18s for their TV series? Either way, I'm definitely getting this set. In case my signature didn't point out the obvious, The O.C. is one of my favorite shows.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great news. I hope we get some commentaries and some outtakes. You know there's gotta be some.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I Can't Wait to Get This!!!!!!!!!! Like I've said so many times before 2004 is going to be a great year :)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I grew up on 90210 and it provided many hours of laughter with my roommates my first few years of college. I have caught this show...I was very entertained. I feel the need to see these rediculous dramas every now and then. I am curious is seeing the whole season, but I will probably rent it.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
There's a commentary available for one episode on the official website, so I'm sure they're already recorded.

Joel C

Screenwriter

Doubtful. Season 1 of The OC is 27 episodes long, 5 more than most series today. My guess is, they'll spread the episodes across 5 discs and leave the sixth for extras (as they did with West Wing; the last disc is all bonus materials, even though it would have fit on side two of disc 3).

Still, looking at the numbers, six DVD-18s seems like overkill (enough space for 40 episodes, not counting the bonus disc, and six sounds like "underkill" (at least three of the discs will have to have five episodes). Then again, TV shows keep getting shorter, and I'd guess five episodes of The OC only last about 3.5 hours.

So, in summary, who knows? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks