What's new

The O.C. Season 3 Discussion (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
A painful ending to a painful season of a painful show. I don't understand why Ryan didn't just stop, but that seems to happen a lot on TV.

And I wouldn't put it past the writers of this show to somehow bring Marissa back in a couple seasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just wondering if the writers were planning on using the death of Marisa as a plot device to keep the rest of the graduates close to home this next season, and play it by ear.

Marisa's death scene seemed longer than it needed to me. Will the rage of Ryan consume him? Will we next see him looking like a bum, hanging around the beaches, on the hunt for Volchek. It's one thing to say goodbye to a friend who is going away for a while, but expected to return, but to say goodbye to your BFF (Summer), or your daughter (Julie), or sister (Kayla), how does that impact each of their lives from this point on?

I would have rather they just write her out of the show, let her go hang with her father and perhaps come back later for the series finale down the road.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
As soon as Ryan's mother gave him the Toyota Land Cruiser I knew it was going to bite the dust before the episode ended. What a shame too... the old FJ60 is a nice off road vehicle.

I agree that it would have been better to just write Marissa off the show by letting her go on that boat trip with her dad. They never really said that she was dead though (except for the promo spots telling us someone wouldn't make it) so maybe the writers can change that part over the summer.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I'm glad they killed her but big surprise that she didnt even do a good death scene.
My guess is Ryan will be all sulky and back to the way he ws in season 1.
The one thing Schwartz did do is finally get people talking about a show again.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Nope. It was an '80s vintage FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser. 4Runners were introduced in 1984 and looked almost identical to the same year pickup back then.

I'm a huge Toyota 4x4 fan and have been since I was a kid in the early '80s so my attention was on that Land Cruiser from the first time they showed it. I figured that since it was an old car that they'd probably wreck it before the end of the episode. Too bad, since it really looked like a clean one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks