1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The O.C. Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

Jean D
    AHHA, now it makes complete sense. and I must agree with Seth, it was funny.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

2/3/05

Alex is da bomb, Seth is a fool.

I did enjoy the whole Wildstorm ruckus because it really would be cool to work there.

When did Seth become such an artist? I don't remember him sketching all that much in season 1. The whole posing segment was pretty funny.

So has Caleb really changed his spots after his Ryan-induced heart attack, or is he just playing (a la Dan on One Tree Hill)?

Sandy is going to be in some deep kem chi soon.

3. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

Jean D
    I like this show a lot, even though its extremely predictable.

Yes Alex is hot, just have her laser that awful tattoo off her arm. Ryan needs to forget about all the girls in his life, and play the field. As soon as Kirsten said his office needed sprucing to Sandy in the kitchen, he should have known better. He knows his wife, and how she is. Predictable. that is the only bad thing about this show now. the first season wasn't as predictable.

best scene.....Seth trying to use "the force" or "special powers" to bring the phone to him. his face....priceless. I remember doing the same shit when nobody was around. HA-HA. I laughed so damn hard. Its gem's like that scene which allow me to look past the shows predictability.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Seth's eyes rolling into his head during his phone-force throwaway gag was classic Seth. Not many characters on TV could pull off such silliness with a straight face.

5. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I agree that this show is quite predictable, but it is a soap, so that is what you get. I think we all accept that, but like the show anyway due to its other great qualities.

I think my favorite part of the latest episode was Zack's role being used for pure comic effect/relief. He seemed almost like someone that would show up in a silly Shakespeare comedy.

6. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

PhilipG

Let me take that back to include Sandy. [​IMG]

The latest episode was bad on so many levels*. The show has really gone downhill this season IMHO. I'll see what they can muster for sweeps before deciding whether to sail off on my metaphorical TV yacht.

(* apart from the aforementioned Seth Force skit)

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

2/10/05

This episode just confused me to no end. I didn't think the last 5 minutes warranted so much promotion by Fox, but that's Fox for ya. Unless you were in a coma and in front of a TV with the O.C. on, you'd know that Marissa and Alex were going to experiment with getting to know one another. But I think we needed another 5 minutes after the credits rolled, now that would have been 5 good minutes, perhaps.

Seth, Seth, Seth, he went from hero to zero in the span of 2 minutes at Wildstorm. doh!

Caleb is a sore loser.

Julie is one money-grubbing Anna Nicole wannabe.

Sandy is so in the doghouse now. He might as well be hanging with Ryan in the beachhouse.

8. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

Jean D
    I don't like how Ryan (the bad boy from Chino) challenged Calib to best-of-7 games of Pool. I thought this was still about living with Kirsten, and not so much dating the girl. So when Ryan set the stakes, I was thrown back a bit. And of course Ryan wins. Im sorry, but I haven't seen that kid play pool in the show ever. If I stopped playing guitar for a year and tried to pick it up dueling-banjo style against someone who played consistently on a bet, Id lose.
    Yeah, the last 5 minutes were lame. it ended and I was all "Thats it!? How lame"
    Sandy...Foolish, and seemingly out of character.
    Seth....Borderline obsessive, he needs more than just one good friend (Ryan), and one good imaginary friend (Mr. Oats) For someone who's quick witted he lacks social skills. He should take a vacation and hang out with Luke for a while.

9. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

PhilipG

You're wrong when it comes to pool. I hadn't played for ~10 years and then some hotshot punk friend of my sister's challenged me to a game. He fancied himself something of a pool shark. I beat him once. Fluke, he said. Played again, won again. I asked him, "best of five?" and he shook his head. Funniest part is, I was never very good at pool. [​IMG]

10. BrandonM

BrandonM Stunt Coordinator

Ryan was playing pool at the end of "The Rivals" last year before his fight with Oliver.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

All "street" kids know how to hustle and play pool. [​IMG]

12. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Seth is downright annoying and the whole thing with Sandy seemed so forced - like they really reached for a reason to cause a conflict in he and Kiersten's relationship. Why would he go back to say good bye right before the big Valentines dinner? At a minimum at least the two of them could have gone there when he said his good bye. Not that this show has ever been anything close to realistic, but this just crossed the line with me.

I think my Thursday night's are all of a sudden free...

13. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Ok, Seth is turning into a weirdo. He leaves town (at the end of last season) because Ryan left town (a little strange) and now has spent all of this season whining because Summer moved on. Commit yourself now and take Marissa with you.
    So are all the new character this season there just to be walked all over? I mean, do any of them have futures with any of the characters they are dating now or are they just there for the characters to interact with until they go back to their respective other lovers? Zach? Lindsay? Alex?
    Oh, and next week's episode is made to be so shocking. I've heard that before. Can't really belive FOX and their promos anymore.

14. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    I liked how Summer was pretty cool with Marissa telling her she was seeing Alex.

15. Joseph.C

Joseph.C Extra

ah, this season is dragging everything along. its become an annoyance.[​IMG]

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

2/24/05

I absolutely LOVED Spider-Seth and the homage to the kiss in the rain with Spider-Seth hanging upsidedown and Summer planting a wet one on him.

It looks like the writers practically hit the reset button with this episode:

Lindsay survives the blood test which confirms she's a Nichol, but decides to move away to Chicago with her mom. Ryan is crushed.

After some more tempting scenarios develop for Sandy, the situation is resolved by having Rebecca high-tail it from an accident scene because she feared the cops showing up and discovering her secrets and putting her behind bars. Sandy finally gets home, in a bus because he drove the vehicle off the road in the rainy accident, and Kirsten appears to believe Sandy's pronouncement that Rebecca is gone, and
    never ever got re-started between them.

Seth's efforts to woo Summer back are finally are rewarded when she realizes that she'll never fit in with Zach's family, and she leaves him at the airport and heads for Seth's place, and that's when she finds him hanging upsidedown in his Spidey mask.

Marissa tells her mom that Alex is her GIRLfriend, and her mom doesn't make a big deal about it since she also did a little experimenting at her age. Marissa moves out from Caleb's place and into Alex's apartment, and then is rudely introduced to actually having to make ends meets and taking out the trash. It's like a slap of reality hitting her in the face. Marissa walks Alex to her bar, and then spots Ryan just standing on the pier in the rain, despondent. Marissa walks over, covers both of them with the umbrella, and she puts her arm around Ryan, offering comfort and support.

17. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

Kevin Hewell
    My favorite part was Seth and Ryan trying to get the other one to come over to their place in the rain then resorting to talking on the phone.

18. Jeremy_Watson

This one of my favorite eps in awhile, mainly due to every scene with Seth.
    * The pre-credit part with him and Ryan: "I'm a Southern California kid, I'll melt."
    * Discovering Alex and Marissa: comical wipe of the eyes, "Just keep doing what you're doing... I like it."
    * Climbing on the roof in rain just because he looks funny in hats. And the Spidey kiss was great, too.

19. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

Jean D
    see, I didnt like the spidey-kiss scene. I found it predictable and cheesy to say the least. But all in all, a good episode. I like the phone message Seth and Mr. Oats left Summer while she was at the airport. So, as the theory holds true, either Seth or Ryan can have happiness. Right now its Seth. We will see how far that goes.

20. Jeremy_Watson

Almost forgot about "Sherman Oaks: The Real Valley."