What's new

The O.C. Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
It was an average episode for me with some funny moments. Looks like Alex and Marissa "relationship" is on...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Everyone in the series (apart from maybe Sandy) needs a good kicking. Especially Seth. The number of stupid mistakes the characters make each week borders on the ridiculous. The OC is like one of those horror movies where the kids all think it's a good idea to split up.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I saw that comming when Marissa stopped seeing the yardboy... and every soap opera needs a bi-curious teenager.

Question. What grade is everyone in? Are they sopposed to be seniors? Will they be in college next year? Shouldnt they be looking at colleges?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought their characters (Seth and Ryan) were 16 years old last year, so it's possible they were either sophomores or juniors last season.

Hey, Mischa Barton turns 19 today.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That's from Once and Again, an ABC series -- a very good one -- being repeated on Lifetime.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Oh brother. That was just so contrived. Now if Seth and Zach had done the same thing that would have been taboo.
Love the line, "Theres only one thing I can do to get back at her for sleeping with a girl," and Zach says, sleep with a guy? Everyone's look was classic.

I enjoyed this episode. Good interplay between all the characters and some funny dialogue although the scene with Ryan thinking Lyndsay drowned with a bit much.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
That was great. I forgot about that. Cant wait for tonights episode, my tivo cut off right before the "next week on the OC" segment, so Im pretty in the dark. I kind of like it that way. I feel more anxious.
Oh yeah, and whats with Ryan always driving the Land Rover? He takes it more than Seth does. Dont they only have 2 cars? Sandy's 7 series and the Land Rover? How can the kids take the Land Rover to school sometimes?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/27/05

Loved the reference to "Summer Lovers" an old Peter Gallagher film, and also Summer's "Cavalier and Gay".

Overall, the comic book stuff was cool with me, a comic fan, especially the way Seth's feelings for Summer just oozed out of those character sketches of Summer as a super-heroine. The characters names were pretty funny as well. Kid Chino. :)

We are really heading towards Marissa's first big gay experiment with Alex, who continues to look amazing on this show. Marissa was almost funny in dissing Caleb, but the bad acting by Mischa just never quite elevates the material.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

It's gotten to where I am watching her and how bad she is acting instead of watching the character. I'm saying to myself, cant she do that expression better or deliver that line more convincing? It takes me out of the story.

I didn't get the Summer Lovers reference. Was it just that one line?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Seth was talking about hooking up with 2 gals in a mutually consensual situation (due to the Alex and her ex's situation), which referenced "Summer Lovers" which is funny because of the Peter Gallagher connection (Sandy Cohen).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The reason why I probably didn't catch that is because of Seth's way of speaking which is fast and running all the words together. That boy needs to slow down.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I didnt understand Summer's response in Seth's bedroom when she was mad that Seth and her boyfriend were doing the comic late. she said something and Seth said it was funny. what was that?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ah. would it be funnier if i knew the subject matter of said book? or was it just a play on the title?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Two friends working on comic books together. I remember them talking about this book last season, picked it up and couldnt get into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks