Lew, you rule!

Brook, I'd second GYZ in a heartbeat, but I'm out of seconds. :frowning:

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Brian,

I realize it's your tourney, and respect your right to rule films in or out, as you see fit. Having said that, I feel you are allowing too many non-numerical named films in.

IMHO none of the "dozens" belong as dozen can refer to an indefinite number of things rather than only a specific number. If the "dozens" are included, I think you must also allow in the "fews", the "couples", and the "onlys".

Likewise, allowing in the "firsts", "seconds" and so on implies that films such as "The Last Picture Show" or "The Last Temptation of Christ" also are eligible.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
OK, we have our 64. Let me address a couple of things:

1. Lew, there was one spot left open, and you seconded two movies. I opted for Slaughterhouse Five (probably more known, but yet not in many tourneys). If you'd rather Yi Yi be in, just let me know.

2. John Dhein, I appreciate your concern. However, dozen is a set number (12). As far as the the firsts, seconds etc. They are already in. I have no problem with them.

3. We are ready to go.

Round 1, Bracket 1

One Crazy Summer

VS

Let's see if Kubrick can withstand this mighty challenge.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it will lose (oh well), but my vote goes to One Crazy Summer, hands down!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Lew, there was one spot left open, and you seconded two movies.
I think you made the right call, Brian. While Yi Yi is the better movie, I expect that it might be just Brook and I who could vote (also maybe Steve and Elizabeth). And I’d probably have to abstain due to not having seen the match-up. :D

Kurt Vonnegut all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks