What's new

The Nine thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9 people, one bank heist, over 2 days in hostage situations, the aftermath. That's the premise of "The Nine". Premieres on ABC in the 10-spot EDT.

I don't know how well this show is going to fare because the pilot is filled with a lot of cliched situations, but some of the performances are good, but I suspect it's going to be tough to sustain this concept on a weekly basis, and keep the viewers tuning in.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I liked the pilot for this one, and I actually have been telling people to watch it. The actors definitely are the prime reason to tune in, plus the minds behind the show have done a good job baiting the hook so viewers (at least this viewer) will want to keep watching to fill in the blanks.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I enjoyed the pilot, but I have to wonder...what will happen to this show as these people start to mend? Will it just become another soap opera type show of these people interacting? And whatever happened in that bank can only be a let down at this point.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
What makes this an interesting show and a good pilot is as we get further into the season not only will we learn what actually happened but the healing process and the possible twists that may effect some the hostages. Good show, I'm hooked.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found it cliched in parts (the Scott Wolf subplot where his character, with the pregnant redhead, is now in love with the hot Latina. Yawn.)

The daughter getting all into the perp was also something that just doesn't interest me.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was great. A very well put together show. But I don't see how they can take this bank thing past one season so then what?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Yeah, the thought of watching this for the next three years to find out "what happened in there" is not a commitment I am willing to make after viewing this over-hyped (IMO) pilot...

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I missed around 5-minutes from the show but was the bank mgrs daughter getting into the bank robber in the bank? From the last shot when she visits him at the prison/jail, she looked like she knew him from way before the robbery.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I think she was in cahoots with the robbers and provided them with inside information. Or, on the other hand, a victim of Stockholm syndrome.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

Survivor -- Reality shows took over
CSI/Law&Order - Crime shows everywhere
Lost - Mystery and science fiction

As far as the "The Nine" I felt like I was watching the movie the "Inside Man" but with different people. I was expecting a lot more and it really did not hook me. However I will give it a couple of weeks before I give it the boot.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Babylon 5 was before it's time, it would seem, as this is now the age of the enigmatic, mega-arc storytelling in television.

I enjoyed it and thought it was well-done, but as expressed before, I'm not sure I want to invest that much time to find out what happened in the bank.

Man, Foote's wife is sure a buzz killer. Was she even glad to see him on their wedding day?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And The Prisoner way before that. I guess TV enigma goes back further than I thought. :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
ABC was really not happy with ratings with this one. It did worse than invasion's ratings last year which this show replaced. It is also apparently expensive to produce so if ratings don't improve fast this will be cancelled quickly!

I also think it jumps around to much for most people to be able to follow. As for myself i thought it was okay, but i expected much better from the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks