What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
John Huston’s The Night of the Iguana gives us the glorious words of Tennessee Williams performed by an accomplished cast including Richard Burton, Ava Gardner, and Deborah Kerr at or near the zeniths of their careers.

The Night of the Iguana (1964)

Released: 06 Aug 1964
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 125 min

Director: John Huston
Genre: Drama

Cast: Richard Burton, Ava Gardner, Deborah Kerr
Writer(s): Tennessee Williams, Anthony Veiller, John Huston

Plot: An ostracized Episcopal clergyman leads a busload of middle-aged Baptist women on a tour of the Mexican coast and comes to terms with the failure haunting his life.

IMDB rating: 7.6
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive...

Continue reading...

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Supberb film and acting by Burton. Totally recommend this film to any Richard Burton fans who have never seen it.

maybe soon we will get The Sandpiper and The VIPs from Warner , both excellent performances from Burton. And that Dame with the black hair , her name escapes me .

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Supberb film and acting by Burton. Totally recommend this film to any Richard Burton fans who have never seen it.

maybe soon we will get The Sandpiper and The VIPs from Warner , both excellent performances from Burton. And that Dame with the black hair , her name escapes me .
Natalie Wood?

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have the excellent DVD. Is this a new Warner transfer or recycled HD transfer from the DVD era?

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I've visited the remains of the set in Mismaloya, out of Puerto Vallarta. You can still walk along the beach, go under the arch and then look through the overgrown foliage up the hill to a building that was part of the original set, later a restaurant, now a ruin. Beautiful area for sure. Lovely beach, and there is a great restaurant and hotel on the beach, and a small stream I think running along an alley into the ocean. A road above there goes by the former set/restaurant.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've visited the remains of the set in Mismaloya, out of Puerto Vallarta. You can still walk along the beach, go under the arch and then look through the overgrown foliage up the hill to a building that was part of the original set, later a restaurant, now a ruin. Beautiful area for sure. Lovely beach, and there is a great restaurant and hotel on the beach, and a small stream I think running along an alley into the ocean. A road above there goes by the former set/restaurant.
The DVD special features show the construction of the hotel etc. Good to hear the place was repurposed into a hotel. Access by road to the site was difficult, so the crew used boats. Elizabeth Taylor looks absolutely stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks