What's new

The Night HE Came Home. My Halloween alter-ego. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, Monday is Halloween and I just thought that I would share with all of you my Halloween alter-ego that I like to unleash every year. The mask is brand new, it's a recast of the original William Shatner mask from the original film, I had to style the hair myself, though, it wasn't accurate to the film when I bought it.

I get off on playng him every year, I pick a neighborhood and simply walk the streets and i'm always a huge hit everywhere I go, this year will be special because of the new mask, i've never had a good quality MM mask before this year, one that really resembles him from the first film.

Anyway, here ya go, let me know what you think :)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Dude that rocks! That mask is better than the one they had in the more recent films that's why those films never worked for me. Halloween 1 and 2 and that's it. Great Costume!

Lol I love the peeking around the corner pic.:)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Good work, John! Great costume. But why aren't you dressing as...the Burger King? Would it just be TOO scary to see yourself in that costume? :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, guys! :b

The one peeking around the corner is my favorite one too. The close-up one is nice, but you can see my eyes too much, I plan on wearing black theatrical make-up around my eyes before putting the mask on, that should take care of that.

When I do this, I get into character, I just...walk. I don't look at anyone, occasionally if I come upon a good crowd i'll stop, look at them, and tilt my head a little, and I never, ever, speak, not even when spoken to.

I'm telling you, if I had a dime for everytime people have either ran from me, gave me a comment, looked at me in an alarming manner and even called me to their porch for a photo op, i'd be a rich man right now lol. I even had one kid follow me around for at least an hour asking for my autograph one year, he thought that I actually was the Shape himself! :laugh: That's my best memory from doing this, and i've done it the past six years now.

Can't wait til Monday night!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:D

I actually don't go up to door's, there is usually too much light that close, I like to remain in the shadows slightly with my face accentuated by the light from the street lights, you'd be amazed at how much the lighting can make even the pics above look tame, besides i'm in broad day light in those pics.

At night though...

:)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I would re-paint it though, the color is a bit too yellow/green, the film's mask was more off-white, pale & ghostly.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would, I modify everything I buy in some fasion or another, but I don't have the equipment to replicate the air brushing right now. I plan on doing that, though, not till after Halloween.

Next year it'll be ready, until then nobody will know the difference at night.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks for asking, Greg, things went great! I did my Myers thing in my friends neighborhood an for the very first time I actually had developed an entourage of sorts made of some kids who were so taken with me that they followed in my bloody footsteps all night! :laugh:

They asked me reapeatedly who I was but of course I did not answer which only increased their curiosity and they stuck with me for blocks as I wandered the streets. At the end of the night, I took pity on one of the girls who was so desperate to know who I really was, so I took off the mask and revealed my identity to her, I figured she had earned it. ;)

My girlfriend even took some pics of me with a couple of the kids with her digital camera, check back here tomorrow i'll get her to post them. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Uhhh, excuse me but I think I'm your 'lady' and not your girlfriend! Keep it straight. Geez! :p)

As promised, here are the first two pictures from Halloween night.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
And three more...

Recognize the movie in the background?

His friend Sam:

And that's me...after I annoyed him. I'll have to remember not to do that again.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

You do know about his unhealthy obsession with Anne Hathaway, right?

:D

The picture in the first set at night is great by the way...The mask seems to jump out.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Whaaaaaaa ... ?!

No zombie costume this year? If I dressed up, I would have paid no expense for the best zombie costume ever! Would be great to get a group of friends as zombies and lumber towards people. :)

- Colton

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Yep, completely aware of it. That's all he talked about the first 7 or 8 times we talked on the phone. But, luckily for him, I'm not really the jealous type. Besides, my rack is every bit as big as hers. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So Wendy, I'm curious...did you and John "meet" on this forum or did you know each other beforehand? I've seen your little interactions over the last several months but was never quite sure what was going on. I guess it's pretty clear now! :)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Guo,

Yes, John and I did meet on this forum. He posted something in a thread I started and I PM'd him because I liked his sense of humor. From there we started emailing and talking on the phone. The first time we talked on the phone was June 17th. It's easy to remember the date because it was his birthday.

We discovered we had quite a few things in common and didn't live that far from each other...only 2 hrs away. So in the beginning of August I went to visit him for a weekend. It was a purely platonic visit... just friends. I've visited him a total of four times now (I would go more often if it wasn't for working two jobs) and I guess our relationship has grown a little. Where we go from here, time will tell. But no matter what, I have made a great friend in John and I'll be forever happy I met him.

*Smooches* to my little shmunchkin cakes. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread