The NHL/OLN Disaster

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Brent T, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Brent T

Brent T Second Unit

If you are a hockey fan and watched this past weeks broadcast on OLN then I am sure you cant be pleased with what you saw.

HTF Member "Mats" wrote a letter to the OLN network concerning their broadcast (its under the Satellite Radio section, thread - XM signs the NHL), and I suggest those where upset with the broadcast do the same.

Here is the address to direct your anger [​IMG]

[email protected]

2. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

I did not watch. I was watching the Pens and Devils on Center Ice. What was bad about it?

3. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

I'm with you, Brent. The coverage was crap-tacular! I was watching two games, one on OLN and the other on Fox Sports, and the difference was night and day. The lackluster commentating, the terrible camera work, the lack of stats and replays, the abysmal analysts back at the studio...egad, it was difficult to watch. And indeed, despite the fact that I am a Flyers fan first, I opted to watch more of my regional coverage on Fox Sports Florida than to watch that train wreck on OLN.

I knew I'd (we'd) miss ESPN, but this is ridiculous...[​IMG]

4. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

I'll have to watch OLN to watch the Pens on Monday night. I guess I'll see what you guys are describing then. Doesn't sound good.

5. Todd Hostettler

Todd Hostettler Second Unit

Uhhhh... since when is pro hockey played outdoors? [​IMG]

6. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Well, they did play a game outdoors the last full season...The Heritage Classic. It was cool seeing goalies wear knit caps over their goalie masks.

7. Don S

Don S Stunt Coordinator

I saw the Rangers-Flyers Wed night in HD on OLN (via inHD) and overall I thought it was fair. The HD was great, some of the replays were not bad at all. I thoroughly ENJOYED the lack of stats and graphics plastered all over the screen. It was quite refreshing.

On the downside, the studio production was amateurish with Matt Clement, Neil Smith, and 1 other dude in the studio. That production needed lots of work, was boring, and seemed forced.

It was their first production though, so I will give it time. I don't think it was nearly as bad as portrayed here though ..

8. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

The only really bad thing was the zoomed in camera.