What's new

The NHL/OLN Disaster (1 Viewer)

Brent T

Second Unit
If you are a hockey fan and watched this past weeks broadcast on OLN then I am sure you cant be pleased with what you saw.

HTF Member "Mats" wrote a letter to the OLN network concerning their broadcast (its under the Satellite Radio section, thread - XM signs the NHL), and I suggest those where upset with the broadcast do the same.

Here is the address to direct your anger :)

[email protected]

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I did not watch. I was watching the Pens and Devils on Center Ice. What was bad about it?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I'm with you, Brent. The coverage was crap-tacular! I was watching two games, one on OLN and the other on Fox Sports, and the difference was night and day. The lackluster commentating, the terrible camera work, the lack of stats and replays, the abysmal analysts back at the studio...egad, it was difficult to watch. And indeed, despite the fact that I am a Flyers fan first, I opted to watch more of my regional coverage on Fox Sports Florida than to watch that train wreck on OLN.

I knew I'd (we'd) miss ESPN, but this is ridiculous...:thumbsdown:

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have to watch OLN to watch the Pens on Monday night. I guess I'll see what you guys are describing then. Doesn't sound good.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor

Well, they did play a game outdoors the last full season...The Heritage Classic. It was cool seeing goalies wear knit caps over their goalie masks.

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the Rangers-Flyers Wed night in HD on OLN (via inHD) and overall I thought it was fair. The HD was great, some of the replays were not bad at all. I thoroughly ENJOYED the lack of stats and graphics plastered all over the screen. It was quite refreshing.

On the downside, the studio production was amateurish with Matt Clement, Neil Smith, and 1 other dude in the studio. That production needed lots of work, was boring, and seemed forced.

It was their first production though, so I will give it time. I don't think it was nearly as bad as portrayed here though ..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks