What's new

The next Resident Evil release ... when? (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The German version has two DTS tracks and two 5.1 DD tracks? How much room does that leave for the picture?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Read page one of this thread: the 'super duper special edition' is being released in Germany. (Remember, Paul Anderson was in Europe when this release was first hinted at)
So does that mean I should just buy the American R1 then?

James Reader

Screenwriter
So does that mean I should just buy the American R1 then?
Adam I don't know. I bit the bullet and bought the Superbit release, with the reasoning that should a really special edition be released in the UK or Europe I could justify a second purchase as I would have no extras.
All I will say is the R1 release is labeled 'Special Edition' - Columbia labeled their 'Enigma' release as such upon early press releases until the spec was changed and news of a real 'special edition' began to leak out.
I don't really see how Columbia can release another 'Special Edition' of Resident Evil in the US, based upon the labeling of their first release (I mean, what will they call it? Columbia have no 'Premium Special Edition' line at the moment - apart from perhaps Superbit Deluxe - but I cannot see them releasing another Superbit release, and if they do, where will the commentaries go?)
It's really up to you - we all know Columbia has a habit of re-releasing titles - but I honestly cannot see how they would position such a release in their lineup.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I'm with ya. I've had RE in my Amazon "Wish List" since June 2002 with my comment "Wait until Feb.4th". I guess that date is incorrect? I thought a 4 disc DVD was coming out then, but it must have just been a rumor. I assume I should also just go and buy what's already available on R1.
Resident Evil - R1

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this is in another thread, but I searched, and this was the only one I could find on the topic, but I guess there is a "DELUXE EDITION" of Resident Evil coming out to coincide with the release of the 2nd film in theaters.
I don't know any of the specs, but davisdvd.com has the cover art at least...
http://davisdvd.com/images/covers/gallery_l.html

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan-
That's a very cool looking cover that the Japanese DVD has.
It would look good as a poster.
The R4 special edition looks like:

Too bad the movie isn't good...

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The full disc specs for the new edition are below, and the official artwork and a single shot of the menu system can be viewed here
Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Track
Audio Commentary with Cast and Filmmakers
Audio Commentary with the Visual Effects Crew
Alternate Ending with Director's Introduction
Resident Evil: Apocalypse Fangoria Clip Compilation
Resident Evil from Game to Screen Featurette
Storyboarding Resident Evil Featurette
Scoring Resident Evil Featurette
The Creature Featurette
The Elevator Featurette
The Laser Featurette
The Zombie Dogs Featurette
Zombies Featurette
Costumes Featurette
Scoring Resident Evil Featurette
Secret Design Featurette
The Train Featurette
Filmographies and Bonus Previews
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish Subtitles

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
I'll definitively douple dip on this one! Loved the movie, and the news special features are the welcome! Only for the alternate ending it's a good addition.

But, at the same time, I'm lazy of Re-re-re-release...

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I'm leary of re-re-releases too, but we can't say we weren't warned about this one. It has been talked about for a little over two years now! The specs sound decent to me even if the cover is sort of lousy.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I haven't gotten around to picking up RE yet, so I'll definitely go for the new 'Deluxe Edition'.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't sound like enough for me to get this version. No new cut of the movie? I'll stay with the Superbit and it's DTS.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Oh...my...God!!
What did they do? Pull the Matrix Revolutions cover artists for the SE DVD cover?
Ugh..ly.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
NO DTS:angry: :angry: :angry:
Wait for the R4 Australian version of this Deluxe RE as their original version (same extras as original R1)
DOES have DTS:D
.......and as you know it kicks:emoji_thumbsup:

Rolando

Screenwriter
Never picked up first release, waiting on this. anything missing in this one that was in the first R1 release?

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
"Never picked up first release, waiting on this. anything missing in this one that was in the first R1 release? - Rolando"

In the list, they dont added the "Slipknot - My Plague (Music Video)" in the features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks