What's new

The Next Joe Millionaire thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fox's ultimate reality Punk'd show is back, and this time, we get a cowboy named David Smith, and 14 European beauties, all unreceptive of a cowboy, but quickly change their tune when it's revealed that he's worth $80 million due to a trust maturing on David's 25th birthday.

Poor Paul, he was really trying to edumacate David in European history and landmarks/capitals, but David just looks like a deer in headlights for most of the tutorial.

This is pure train-wreck TV in the making.

Most of the woman contestants are very pretty, we'll have to see if their personalities become unsavory and vicious as the scam rolls on.

Stay tuned for the formal introductions next week!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I caught most of this, mainly to see the crop of money grubbing hoes, and when

all unreceptive of a cowboy, but quickly change their tune when it's revealed that he's worth $80 million
I thought that I was right. I only thought a handful were fairly attractive.

Oh and man I'm starting to think that Joe # 1 was pretty smart compared to this clown.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I saw an issue of TV guide this morning at the Vet's office that said just that. Evidently his father has some bucks (not sure about 80 mil) and he even admitted that he never had to work his whole life. Sounds like he's just slumming. Plus he is as dumb as a box of rocks it seems. I just kept thinking about Woody from Cheers but even more of a rube.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yep, total trainwreck. With the European gals they showed after a few drinks and the promos, they are going to scratch and claw to get to David. It's going to be messy.

I agree also that there were only a couple of really attractive women.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
In the words of my good buddy George W. Bush.....
"Fool me once, shame on....(brief silence)....shame on you. (Confusion and loss of thought)....they fool you twice - you can't get fooled again". :confused:

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was really bad, but some reason I couldn't turn away. Glad it's only an hour or I would have missed the second half.

Half the girls are not attractive, but there is one. I bet he is rich also and is playing dumb.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Anyone notice that the promos implied that a bunch of French women were going to be included in the mix? Catch phrases like, "How do you say sucker in French?" and anserwing the question, "are we going to do it again?" with, "Oui, Oui" led me to believe that most of the cast was French or French speaking.

Turns out that the girls are from Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the Czech Republic. Not a single girl is from France or a French speaking country.

Well, I guess it either a case of Fox wanting to use the allure of hot French women (probably not) or hoping that lingering anti-French sentiment would entice viewers into watching some French women embarass themselves. Except that's not going to happen. Looking at the poor ratings,I wonder how many people didn't tune in because they didn't want to see French people on TV?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I just kept thinking about Woody from Cheers but even more of a rube.

I hadn't noticed that, but I see the resemblance now. I don't think the guy's dumb, though, just not hip on the sort of stuff someone who'd have a butler would know. There's probably some anti-country thinking going on.

Wade K

Second Unit

I read somewhere that the first Joe was aired in France (though in a slightly different format), so I suspect they wouldn't have been able to find a suitable French woman who hadn't at least heard of the first series. No great conspiracy.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I'm not gonna touch this show with a ten-foot pole. I sat through the first one, hoping for a really hilarious payoff when the winner finds out he's not a millionaire, and she'd feel all betrayed and everything. But man, that last episode was just stupid.

Not only are they trying to trick a bunch of girls again, they're trying to trick ME again... into watching it!

Who do they think they can trick next? African bush-women??

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I suspect they wouldn't have been able to find a suitable French woman who hadn't at least heard of the first series
It's not so much that they didn't have any French women on, but that they implied they did in the promos.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Who do they think they can trick next? African bush-women??
"Eddie! I am American woman now. I want half, Eddie!"

I don't watch this, but the commercials are funny. They pretty much are saying, "The Fox network, like the women on the show, are money-grubbing greedy whores. Lets all laugh at us together."

I'm still amazed and even impressed that the same network gives us Joe Millionaire, The X-Files, Who Wants To Marry A Millionaire?, and 24.

I would have thought that some of the women would be attracted to the rugged, handsome young Cowboy despite his poverty. I mean, with all those girls, there have to be some that have certain feelings beyond materialism, right?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Call me evil, but I can't stop laughing every time one of these girls starts opening their mouth about love and all that bullsh*t. I basically laugh the whole time.

I only wish a show like this was on HBO so we can see the really juicy stuff. The fights, the bitching each other out, that would be great.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still like Linda, Karolina, Tereza, and Cat. The Italian women scare me. Lina needs to go. Olinda has to be faking her giddy school girl act.

David is so in over his head.

Loved the "ding" whenever they cut to Paul when David would slip in some of his newly gained knowledge of European capitals and wooden shoes in the Netherlands.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to slap him when he kept trying to sound smart and then asked if Berlin was the capital, who doesn't know that!? And when he said he shipped his horse there I knew that later down the road they are bound to figure him out. Not a good liar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks