The new sherwood/newcastle amp and prepro....ANYONE?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steve Adams, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone has the new newcastle amp and pre pro...wondering what it is like? sound wise and features wise?

thanks.

2. Jeff Hipps

Jeff Hipps Stunt Coordinator

There is a thread on this forum where Ed St. Clair discusses his opinions on the sound quality of the P-965. Also, there is a long thread on the AVS Forum where several P-965 owners are discussing its sonic merits. I have not seen any mention of the A-965 yet.

If I may be so bold as to summarize their sonic opinions: they love the sound.

Jeff

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Thanks Jeff....

Im tossing a coin for the newcastle and outlaw systems...this is a tough decision. I know that you work for newcastle. but im being very careful about my decision.

thanks for the info however...

4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

Jeff, I have made up my mind...however it wont be until eary next year until I can afford to get these unit's...im building my house w/theater, and getting married...so funds will be limited.

I was reading people's review of the unit...and from what they say im am floored! this system seems like the hot ticket in home theater. My freind used to have a sherwood mini system, and it rocked...i was totally impressed with that as well. As far as Im concerned, SHERWOOD is one of the best home theater manufacturers' there are in the biz today.

I am sooo looking forward to plugging in the P and A 965.

I live in Newfoundland Canada...please steer me towards the dealer nearest me. east coast.

Thanks Jeff...I also have found that you have a very good demener with customers and I look forward to dealing with you and the Sherwood organisation...

Thanks Again!

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

As an owner of an Outlaw Model 950 and previous owner of a Sherwood Newcastle AV-P9080, both mated to a Sherwood Newcastle AM-9080......
    1. I don't envy you the descision.
    2. You will be completely satisfied with either product.
    3. You will get great customer service from the manufacturer no matter which one you buy.[/list=1]
      I don't know if you already have a Universal remote or not, but take note of the RNC-500 Remote Control that the Sherwood Newcastle comes with. The Outlaw remote is nothing to write home about, but I find it to be sufficient. The Sherwood remote is downright nice, and many Outlaw users buy the OEM version for their 950s (read about that on the Outlaw board). If you already have something you like this may be a non-issue. Honestly I thought the ergonomics/usability was better on the AM-9080 than the Outlaw 950, but the 950 offered me surround modes that the 9080 lacked due to it's age.

If I were shopping today I'd have a hard time deciding between the two also. I've had -fantastic- experiences with both companies as far as quality of product and customer service. Two of the real class acts in the business IMO offering unheard of bang-for-the-buck.