What's new

The new puchases have begun to arrive! (1 Viewer)

David Head

Second Unit
I bought my Axiom M60/VP150/QS8 setup with an SVS 20-39PCi one year ago and have loved every minute. I've had an SACD player for about 6 months that I've been loving and have recently begun to buy DVD-Audio discs (even though I could only play the DD or DTS tracks). I've been using a 32" analog TV all this time. I decided it was time to upgrade a few things.

The Denon DVD-2900 and component cables from Blue Jeans Cable have arrived. The Mitsubishi WT-42311 HDTV will be delivered tomorrow and Bright House Networks (formerly Time Warner) will be here Friday to drop of the hi-def cable box. I think it's going to be a fun weekend... :)

I'll post pictures of the completed setup within the next week.

David

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
David,

Perhaps it's too soon to tell, but how do you like those Blue Jeans cables?

David Head

Second Unit
Ron,

I can't comment on the performance yet, but I'm very please with the build quality, the quick delivery and of course the excellent price.

I'll post my impressions of the performance in a few days.

David

AnthonyJS

Agent
Ron -

About a year ago, I decided to give the bluejeans component cables a shot. As with David, I was impressed with the build quality, fast shipping and excellent price. However, none of that prepared me for the performance! :D To make a long story short, my entire system is now interconnected with bluejeans cables. From the component cables to audio L/R to subwoofer to digital coax, etc. I highly recommended them!

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
David,
Congrats on the new equipment. Happy to see someone from the area. I just moved to Hudson (Bayonet Point actually) from Tallahassee four months ago. Now the tough job of looking for work begins. Anyways good luck...can't wait to see pictures.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Regarding the Blue Jeans component cables, DVD, etc. magazine just did a review and gave it the highest score I've seen them give on any piece of equipment or cable. Just received the new issue in the mail yesterday, so I'm not sure if it's on the stands yet.

Wow!!! Bet you're jazzed about all this fine equipment coming your way.

David Head

Second Unit
Thanks Mathew. I spent the morning yesterday adding the Denon DVD-2900 to the rack and rewiring everything. The TV was delivered at noon, so I spent the rest of the day calibrating the Denon and Mitsubishi. The hi-def box was installed this morning. Everything looks and sounds incredible.

The Blue Jeans Cable component cables are well worth the price IMO. I can't say how much of a difference they make since I just added the Denon and Mitsubishi, but I don't think you could go wrong since they cost about the same as something from Radio Shack or Best Buy.

I'll post pictures this weekend and give a more indepth impression of the new equipment after I've had time to play.

David

David Head

Second Unit
I finally have a little time for a quick update. I am VERY impressed with everything. The progressive scan DVD image using the Blue Jeans component cables is incredible. I'm seeing deatils in movies that I've never noticed before. As great as the DVD images are, hi-def images are even better. The images on Discovery HD are incredible! SACD through the Denon is a least as good as the Sony 222ES I was using, but redbook CD performance is noticably better to me. This is also my first DVD-Audio player, so I'm finally hearing the hi-res layer on the discs I own and can tell the improvement over the DD or DTS that I was listening to before. Before anyone asks why I bought a 42" instead of a larger RPTV or projector, it was because:

1. My fiance wanted to keep the gorgeous entertainment center that she had built and I want to keep her ;)
2. I can't control light in the great room.
3. We only sit 6-7 feet away. Anything bigger would have been like sitting in the front at a movie theater.

I'll add some more comments later. I'm still learning how to use the digital camera and take decent pictures, but here are a few for now:

The old setup with 32" TV.

The entertainment center doors closed on old setup.

I removed the TV stand and doors from the entertainment center to accomodate the TV. You can see the Axiom M60ti fronts and VP150 center with the Mitsubishi in the new setup.

I'll be adding acoustic sound dampening material to the center channel box and building a false front that will be covered with speaker grill cloth. It will cover all but the Mitsubishi screen.

Here's the Axiom QS8 left surround

Here's the Axiom QS8 right surround

The SVS 20-39PCi is in the corner behind the silk tree!

The Pioneer Laserdisc Player, Onkyo TX-DS696 Receiver and Denon DVD-2900 with hi-def cable box Components.

The DVD Racks.

Here is where the DVD goes while we're watching a movie.

Since the racks were getting full, I moved the animation DVDs (below is the 400 disc CD changer.)

We have some Indiana Jones decorations (hat, whip and framed laser discs) with a movie clapboard on top of the right side of the entertainment center.

We have some instruments (saxaphone, flute, violin and trumpet) on the top left of the entertainment center.

Here are a couple of screen images from the sweet spot of the Superbit version of Legends Of The Fall:

Pic 1
Pic 2

David

David Head

Second Unit
Thanks Matt! The "significant other" is not only beautiful, but a great decorator too. When you add the fact that she encouraged me to buy all the equipment and supports my "habit" in every way, it makes me feel VERY lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks