What's new

The new PC Abbey Road (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
It's not the first famous Beatles promo picture to have Paul's cigarette removed...

I Want To Hold Your Hand - original 1964 picture sleeve:

1984 20th anniversary re-release:

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I don't smoke and don't approve of it but this is absolutely ridiculous. They are trying to change history and that is WRONG.

LJ

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Maybe they'll work on the whole license plate - Paul is dead thing while they're at it. Then they can go through all those Bogie movies and work on all those shots of him holding a cigarette.

Chris

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Just as well The Beatles didn't call 'Abbey Road' what they'd originally intended, which was 'Everest' - named not after the mountain, but a popular brand of cigarettes at the time.

*If* this was something the surviving members of the band had requested (particularly in the light of George's and Linda's deaths from cancer) then IMHO that would be reasonable, but as an act of political correctness, it's just a little over the top.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Uh, guys this is The Sun after all, I wouldn't put any credence in this what so ever until we hear it officially from either of the Beatles or an official press release.

IMO....bullshit.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Kevin - you mean you don't believe our most erudite, intellectual newspaper? ;) The newspaper that brought us such major news stories as 'Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster'? [Plus my own favourite - 'Fiends microwaved my budgie' - sub-headline - 'They laughed as the oven went "ping"'. And before anyone tells me, no it isn't funny really].

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Aw, hey Andrew.....I believe......about as much as Abandoned Baby eats sibling in order to survive or Crack Baby born holding pipe.
:D :frowning:

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, but they're all true, aren't they? I implicitly believe everything the tabloid newspapers print. Incidentally, have I told you guys about the amazing plot of building land I bought in Florida? Some place called the Everglades. I'm going to build my house from the proceeds of this Nigerian bank deal I'm putting together with a guy from the National Bank there who sent me this email ...

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
They said in the article that all mechandise like posters, t-shirts and keychains that depict the cover would be airbrushed, but not confirmed that the album cover would be altered.
Also, that 20th anniversary IWTHYH sleeve that was airbrushed, the 30th anniversary edition restored the cigarette in macca's hand.

Another famous cigarette airbrush is the box set of Simon and Garfunkel Friends, Paul Simon requested the cig be airbrushed out of his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks