What's new

The New, Original Wonder Woman (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I wish WB would release the first three episodes of WW under their original title on Blu-ray. They were ABC specials before it went to series. The pilot was available in two cuts: one more serious in tone. The animated opening was also slightly different.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The only difference in terms of cuts I remember indicating more "serious" was the scene when WW bursts in on Red Buttons and company. In the lighter cut he rolls his eyes and looks aside as he opens fire on her because he knows it won't have any effect, but there was an alternate take of him not looking aside and rolling his eyes.

Of course in syndication I can remember the original film being butchered beyond belief to accommodate a 60 minute time slot (at least when it ran on Sci-Fi channel).

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
The original animated opening included a bullets and bracelets panel, instead of the lasso. The title was THE NEW, ORIGINAL WONDER WOMAN for the first three specials. It was changed to WONDER WOMAN for the series. If WB would go back to the original broadcast masters, it would be, well, WONDERFUL! I was born on November 3, 1975...just four days before the pilot's premiere. We are both 45 this year.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I would happily double dip for blu even if it wasn't corrected to that. I purchased the DVD's a few years ago (3, I believe), and they are the horrible flipper discs with half of the shows unwatchable.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd settle for just the pilot and Season 1 on Blu-Ray since I've found the contemporary shows do not hold up entertainment wise compared to the ABC WW2 episodes.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I would happily double dip for blu even if it wasn't corrected to that. I purchased the DVD's a few years ago (3, I believe), and they are the horrible flipper discs with half of the shows unwatchable.

I had the same experience; I could hardly get the menu to load up, and when it finally did load up, it would take more than forever to start an episode, and when I did get the episode to start, it would freeze up without warning.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott

All 3 seasons were reissued on singled sided discs. I think it was 2017 when I bought mine.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
It's available on iTunes in HD.
Amazon as well. I MIGHT splurge for it on Amazon. I just hate to buy stuff digitally due to a bad experience with doing music that way in the past.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
All 3 seasons were reissued on singled sided discs. I think it was 2017 when I bought mine.
That's when I got mine. It came up on my Facebook memories a few weeks ago. Walmart had it at a bargain price, and I didn't even think to check to see if it was double sided or single sided discs when I snagged it. I could kick myself for that; I was a member of this forum then, and I knew very well the complaints about double sided discs. The kicker, though, I had previously bought The Dukes of Hazzard, several seasons worth, on DSD without ever having an issue. I even tried playing the Wonder Woman discs through my DVD player as opposed to blu-ray; same result. I tried them in my computer and got horrid results. It didn't start until, I think, S3, so it was too late to return them. I may give them a go over again and see if it was confined to just one season, and if so, I can hop on Amazon and find a copy of it on SSD, I'm sure.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I bought each season as it came out and I haven't had any problems with any of them. I rewatched them about three years ago and they still played fine.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That's when I got mine. It came up on my Facebook memories a few weeks ago. Walmart had it at a bargain price, and I didn't even think to check to see if it was double sided or single sided discs when I snagged it. I could kick myself for that; I was a member of this forum then, and I knew very well the complaints about double sided discs. The kicker, though, I had previously bought The Dukes of Hazzard, several seasons worth, on DSD without ever having an issue. I even tried playing the Wonder Woman discs through my DVD player as opposed to blu-ray; same result. I tried them in my computer and got horrid results. It didn't start until, I think, S3, so it was too late to return them. I may give them a go over again and see if it was confined to just one season, and if so, I can hop on Amazon and find a copy of it on SSD, I'm sure.

Here's the all-in-one on singles from 2017, for just a shade over $34-- think you might be interested.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The entire series is being released on Blu-ray on July 28. Of course, not with the pre-Lynda Carter stuff.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The Deadly Dolphin was cut on dvd by several minutes. It was complete on vhs. Another reason why they should go back to the original masters.

Anyone know if it was uncut on the DCU Streaming service - that's where the new HD transfers first appeared. Considering how much work they put into SHAZAM! (Illiterately rebuilding the episodes element by element from Filmation's master negatives, and just at 2K!) I'd be surprised if the print was still an edited version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks