What's new

The New Onkyo 601? (1 Viewer)

Scott Adam

Stunt Coordinator
I saw in the Crutchfield catalog that Onkyo now has a TX SR601 to replace the 600 I bought last year...is this right, and is the only difference (that I was able to make out) that it puts out 85 watts x 6 instead of 80 x 6? Is that it?

"I happened to look into the case and the 20 year old boy who testified in court that there were voices in the house and the voices told him to do it---now I went into that house and I heard the voices too, and I tell you there was a presence in that house!"
-Rod Steiger, "The Amityville Horror"

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
There are a few features added to the sr601. Powered zone 2, DTS 24/96, 6x192 DACs, and more power. I also think they upgraded the power supply. Nothing to make me wish I'd bought a sr601 instead of a sr600.

Scott Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Thank You, Hiend...

So really nothing to lose sleep over as far as feeling like we SR600 owners "missed out on something" here with the intro of the 601?

Scott Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Thank You, Hiend...

So really nothing to lose sleep over as far as feeling like we SR600 owners "missed out on something" here with the intro of the 601?

"You'll never grow old Michael...and you'll never die....but you must feed...."
-Keiffer Sutherland, "The Lost Boys"

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I think the new power supply of the 601 corrected any of the much discussed issues here in regards to low wattage performance with all channel driven.

Scott Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm....yeah I do feel this receiver is way underpowered, and thats WITH my calibrations and Intellivolume jacked up..

I cant stand how in the world of electronics and computers, you spend tons of cash on something just to have a replacement model come out from right behind you...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks