What's new

The new MTV reality sitcom "The Osbournes" (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not only is she not participating...she moved out of the house! (or rather, didn't move in with them when they moved to the new L.A. house). Sharon said so when the family was on one of the late night shows, either Letterman or Leno (think it was Leno) a week or so ago.

James St

Supporting Actor
I thought this weeks show was a little subpar compared to the rest but I did enjoy Ozzy's North Dakota quote. "North Dakota...at least its not Afghanistan." The previews for next weeks show look awesome though. I wonder if that bottle belongs to Jack or the skater?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Well, I've officially watched too much of The Osbournes...
I saw a headline on salon.com that said "Can Sharon fend off the U.N.?" and thought to myself 'she's gonna kick their ass!' then realized that they were referring to Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon!
"Sharon! Sharon!"

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
The biggest laughs for me in this episode was watching Ozzy try to figure out how to:

A: Open an Amaray case and get the DVD out.

B: Drive the Panja touchscreen system to play the DVD.

Looked like the interface was more interested in looking like the gothic feel of their decorations and less interested in being easy to use.

-greg

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Ozzy trying to work around that security sticker was frickin' hilarious!
And I thought this piece in Slate about "Ozzy's Management Style" was good for a larf: http://slate.msn.com//?id=2064693
The parallels between the Osbournes and an efficient corporation, then, are indisputable. Indeed, Ozzy's performance was exemplary - he articulated (albeit in a slurry voice laced with profanity) the goals and let others take care of the particulars without any further interference, or indeed awareness, on his part. We could all learn a lot from this CEO-like style....

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
It was funny to see Dill ruin the griddle on the $10,000 Viking oven. I mean, what did he cook on it -- battery acid?

Overall, I still enjoy the show but find the only interesting parts are with Ozzy himself. His son is a spoiled punk.

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
sorry i'm a few episodes late. i didn't know this thread existed. does anyone know what finally happened between the osbournes and their neighbors? they showed ozzy throwing a piece of wood through their window and had a clip of jack being read his rights by a police office, but there was never any follow up.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Dill (ha!) left something big and plastic on the stove and it melted. What the hell was that - some kinda big, chicken-shaped oven timer?

And I think it's hilarious watching Ozzy, a guy from the working-class slums, trying to deal with a precocious, spoiled punk-kid. Is it just me, or does the son seem to take after Sharon and the daughter Ozzy?

Ike

Screenwriter
Yeah, it was an oven timer.
Favorite moment was Sharon going to piss in the bottle of Jack Daniels (and I think she also found a joint, but MTV, the moralists, blurred it), and finding out it was Dill's! :laugh: Kelly comes screaming that it's no different then when Ozzy and Her snuck pot in her handbag. I'm sure they wanted that on TV.
(And the unexpected dog barf had me chuckling like a 3 year old.)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yes, Ozzy trying to get that case open was pretty funny. He got himself pretty deep into that touchscreen. He was into the settings for the T.V>. (Brightnesss, Tint, etc.) He was just pushing buttons at random at that point.

Did you notice what the DVD was? It was the Best of Chris Farley SNL DVD. I think that it one of the DVDs that his son gave him for his birthday the previous episode.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Yep Rich, it was a cooking timer. Dill, talks about throwing it out so Sharon doesn't see how long he left it on the stove. :) Ozzy trying to open the DVD case was priceless, I've watched it three times and still laugh my ass off every time I see it. I would be shocked by how the kids talk to their parents if I didn't witness a few families whose kids talk just like that! Here are a few of my favorite scenes...
1. Everytime the dogs take a dump on the rug.
2. Lola puking after Jack tortures her in the pool.
3. Ozzy vs. the DVD case and the touch screen remote.
4. Ozzy falling backwards in his dressing room chair.
5. Ozzy walking lola.
6. Ozzy chasing the cat.
7. The 'family meeting' lol.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
I actually meant to post this in my previous post, but I'm too lazy to edit. :) I did hear that in order for the Osbournes to do a second season, they want more money. (After seeing how popular the show is and seeing the rate Sharon and Kelly spend money, I'm not suprised!) And they want to film the show in their 100 year old London farmhouse. The reason being because now they get all kinds of people at their door. It's not certain if there will be a second season, but MTV would be very dumb to not give in to the demands. The show is better than any season of the
'Real World'. This is the real world at it's funniest.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Did anyone see Ozzy & Sharon on Leno tonight? Is it just me or did the censors miss Ozzy's first use of the word "fuck" ? (all the others were bleeped out) Sharon said that there WILL be another season of "The Osbournes" ! Woo-Hoo! :)
(When I see headlines about the Middle East with the name "Sharon", it still takes me a second to realize that they are referring to the Israeli PM! )

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
the family "meeting" was so funny. just before the family meeting ozzy and sharon were going over what they were going to say to the kids. ya, right. so they start the meeting and jack blows up and walks out. that was all ozzy needed to bolt for the door too. what a hoot.

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
Goddamn, you folks must be pretty pissed that the US MTV bleeps out all of the profanity. I watch this show every Tuesday on the German version of MTV and the profanity is not bleeped. This show is really fuckin' funny. One of my favorite scenes is when Ozzy is chasing the cat - "Come on, cat. Come on, you fucking dumb shit motherfucker" :D

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Omigod, that was possibly the most hilarious, cringe-inducing episode ever!
I thought the butt-rape of Gus the Cat (by the bulldog) would be the highlight, but Jack and Dill's near naked wrestling match put it completely over-the-top.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Yep, I think we've learned a little more about Jack than we really wanted to know. "Cringe-inducing" indeed!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks