What's new

The new MTV reality sitcom "The Osbournes" (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe it when I read the Entertainment Weekly review of the show and they gave it an A-.

This was the first show that I set up as a season pass on my TiVo. I wonder what type of ratings its getting for MTV, I know I watch it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
God this is a good show. And Matt...you're dead on...Ozzy is a fucking comic genius.

Mumbling like a drunken buffoon is the single most underrated comic trait...hehe.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The thing thats really funny is that its all real. Imagine if your life was like this....I would never stop laughing.

Making Frodo clean pee is still the funniest thing I've seen on TV in a while. Its just so funny.

The dog's present for the dog psychologist before she left...classic.

Ozzy is probably the funniest dad to have.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You don't need a psychologist...you just need to get up and open the f**kin' door at 7 in the morning!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I think she is either a really close friend of his, a friend of the family, or an older sister who doesn't live with the rest of the family.
Might have been Ozzy's oldest daughter who isn't taking part in the show. She's 19 and trying to launch her own singing career without the shadow of dad- so she's staying out of the show, for the most part.

Too bad I don't have MTV- if anyone is taping on VHS, I'd love to see it.

-Vince

Steve Clark

Second Unit
I finally watched this show for the first time tonight after weeks of prodding from my wife, who loves it. I have not watched anything on MTV for over a year now, but finally relented and decided to give it a try (with low expectations of course). I have been an Ozzy fan since his Black Sabbath days.

Now on to the show. My first reaction was that the production value of the series is high. My 2nd reaction was that the Osbournes are a completely dysfunctional yet STRONG and TIGHT family, hilarious, bold, full of emotion. The way they go about their daily business like everything is normal also reminded me of The Adams Family, but for real.

When you found yourself laughing at Ozzy simply taking the trash out, you know this series has something going for it. When you find yourself simply laughing at Ozzy for the way he shuffles about the house like a freaking zombie from Night of the Living Dead you know the series has something going for it. The scene where Ozzy was sleeping on his couch with his shades on oblivious to his family and neighbors going at it like the Hatfields and McCoys was absolutely hilarious. All I can say, and this is coming from someone who does not watch MTV or many comedy series, is that I would highly recommend this series.

Note: Does anyone else wonder if some of the events that spring up in the episodes may have been suggested, discussed or scripted prior to the event actually taking place and being filmed?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I don't think it was scripted. They had a camera crew in their home for a long time- something like 6 months. In all that time, with a family like that, you're bound to catch some good stuff. I'm sure 90% of what they shot was boring, but the other 10% is great television.

Trevor H

Second Unit
March 5th 2002 was a great day, The Osbourne's debut on MTV, I saw Ozzy live in Edmonton AB (best concert of my life), and Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society "1919 * Eternal" CD was released.

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
This is one of the best shows on cable. I loved when Ozzy threw the log into the nieghbors house
. I wish Ozzy was my nieghbor.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I thought the few minutes just showing ozzy trying to change out the garbage was absolutely hilarious!!!

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
This show reminds me more and more of This Is Spinal Tap. From the frequent "Rock and Roll!" exclamations to the discussion over whether there is a difference between Roy Rogers and Will Rogers.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
"How the f*ck do you feed a tree? D'you shove a ham san'wich into its crack or summin'?"

Pure. Comic. Gold. I wish my family were half this funny.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Bubbles Sharon, bubbles...I'm ozzy osborne, the fu--ing prince of darkness....tonights episode looks to be another one of pure comic genius. Anyone else hoping for a DVD release with maybe some more footage and commentary and no bleeps.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'd love a DVD release with no bleeps and especially some extra footage. This show is great! Ozzy Rules!

There's an excellent article on the New York Times website about the show right now.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how well this show is doing? Its probably the best reason for MTV to have been created in the first place.

Whoever made this show was a genious.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
I heard Ozzy was recently on Leno, actually the entire family (damn, I missed it). Anyway, Leno also had on Russell Yates, the husband of the infamous Andrea Yates who murdered her children. It turns out that Russell claimed he was a huge Ozzy fan and wanted to meet him. Ozzy, as reported, went ballistic and told the producers of Leno that if he saw Russell Yates, he'd "blind him by sticking a hot poker into his eyes." And if he even saw Russell Yates, he'd walk. Needless to say, the prodcuers made sure Yates was steered way clear of the Ozzman.

How cool is that?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of this show. It's refreshing to see a down-to-earth everyday American family who just happen to be famous. Ozzy and Sharon go through the everyday trials and tribulations every parent and homeowner go through, albeit in a completely bizarre way most times.

How funny is it to see Ozzy fight with his neighbors like most Americans do?

Can't wait for tonight's show!!!!

P.S. At last tally, MTV announced that approximately 3.6 million viewers have been tuning into to see The Osbourne's. That's gigantic numbers for a cable show. MTV in no way shape or form thought they'd get these kind of ratings. Someone inside MTV catapulted from slacker metal dude to boy genius. Party on!!!!

CharlesD

Screenwriter
According to the NYT article "The Osbournes" is the most successful show in MTV history, and last week's show had 6 million viewers.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, tonight's episode, 04/02/02 was freaking hilarious.

When OZZY went to go sit down in the director's chair when he wanted to read his itenerary for the concert schedule was hella funny. He sat down in the chair and it slowly leaned back and he fell right on his back. You had to see it. Man, it was funny. I mean, he didn't flail his arms or try to stop or anything. He just fell backwards with the chair until he hit the floor with this dumfounded look on his face. He was so pissed that his wife setup two concerts in a row (consecutive days).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks