The new Jedi religion, have you joined?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan M~, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

2. andrew markworthy

The Brit Census is every ten years and is mandatory (i.e. you can be fined or imprisoned for not filling it in) for every household in the UK. It's not a difficult thing to fill in (and there were official help lines and help centres for those who had problems), but the hard of thinking and terminally lazy always grumble about it. Accordingly, anything that's open to abuse will be seized on. I reckon that a sizeable number of folks who put down 'Jedi' did so after a night down the pub.

I realise this is incitement to every Brit Star Wars nut in HTF to respond to this, but Star Wars has nowhere near the same grip on imagination in the UK that it has in the USA. The number of people who are *that* fixated on Star Wars is very limited, and most of that number probably still live with their parents and so wouldn't be responsible for filling in the form.

And no, I didn't put down 'Jedi' on my form.

3. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss religion on the HTF.[​IMG]

4. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

Next thing you know we will see off Jedi religeous cults getting headlines on the news for cloning human children.

5. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Without getting into discussions which are most certainly out of bounds here, I'll just say that I could totally see myself doing something like this. Although instead of 'Jedi' I'd certainly list 'Esoteric Order of Dagon.' Much more obscure and thus much more fun [​IMG]

6. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

Actually, I find it funny that almost 400,000 households would fill in "Jedi" for a religion. [​IMG] I'd probably do it. I assume that the "head of Household" is responsible for filling out the questioner, so presumably they are the responsible ones. I'd understand if the kids were the ones filling out the forms.

Imagine if you will.... 400,000 letters showing up at Skywalker Ranch, all asking for the OT on DVD before the end of the year!!! That would get a reaction I'm sure.[​IMG]

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

8. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    [growls] I put Sith on mine. [​IMG]

Hey look my smiley looks a bit like Darth Maul... [​IMG]

Not that one, the red smiley you, you nerf herder! The one above.. next to.. aah foggedit...
    aargh! wheres ma Queen Amidala doll? [panicking]... aaah there you are your highness...
    [cuddles and gently kisses doll]
    [​IMG]

9. Mark Brewer

Mark Brewer Stunt Coordinator

Would joining the Jedi religion conflict with me being a high priest in the Universal Church of Dogbert?

10. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Hey .. if L. Ron Hubbard went from writing Sci-Fi to Dianetics to Scientology

... why can't Lucas? [​IMG]

11. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I thought we joined this forum because we all worshipped before the one-eyed god that speaketh with many voices from all around us[​IMG]