What's new

The new Infocus 7205 on display in LA with a raffle too!! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
If you live in the L.A. area or will be in L.A. on Sunday, May 2nd, TV Authority would like to invite you to stop by their office between 3-6 p.m. They will be showcasing the entire InFocus ScreenPlay projector line, including the new InFocus ScreenPlay 7205. They have a finished projection room so it will be setup in a typical home theater environment. They plan to run HD satellite & DVD sources so you can see how each performs. Who knows, you may even see another projector that recently began shipping….. We’ll also have a couple other video technologies on display so if you’ve ever wanted to compare any of these -- this should be a lot of fun. This will be a very informal environment without any commissioned sales harassing you so you can take your time to thoroughly evaluate the products.

There will be appetizers and beverages too!

Finally, as if seeing this new HD2+ projector a few weeks before its release isn’t enough reason to drop by, we’re having a raffle for a brand-new InFocus ScreenPlay 4800, valued at $1299. To enter the raffle, all you must do is send an RSVP to [email protected] and show up – it’s that simple!

Friends and family are more than welcome to come too! Here’s a link to their website for directions & their contact information:

Directions:

http://www.tvauthority.com/about.asp#2

Address:
410C Broadway

(between 4th and 5th street on Broadway)

Santa Monica, California 90401
Phone number: 310-899-9505
Toll free number: 888-286-5353

Parking:

In typical LA fashion, parking is always an issue. We recommend using the Santa Monica Place parking lot on 3rd & Broadway, or the City parking lot on 4th street between Broadway and Santa Monica Blvd.

Please call or email Neil if you have any questions.

Neil Kusens
TVAuthority
President
(888) 286-5353, ext 502
[email protected]

Parker

RajeeK

Second Unit
I would love to see the Sharp XV12000 and JVC HX1U. Especially the DILA for comparison, if those would be available to showcase also.

KirkP

Agent
We will have the entire ScreenPlay line on display along with some other new models. There have been other requests for us to display the JVC DLA-HX1 so we may have one on hand for this event. Hope to see you there!

KirkP

Agent
Here's the projector line up:
ScreenPlay 7205
ScreenPlay 5700
ScreenPlay 4800

NEC HT1100 with anamorphic lens
JVC DLA-HX1

KirkP

Agent
Ruben,

There are many other projectors that we'd like to show but we've got a limited amount of space and screens. This Sunday is primarily meant to introduce the ScreenPlay 7205 before it begins shipping. We hope to make this a regular event and will most likely showcase several LCD home theater projectors in the future. Which models would you like to see?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
*AAArgh!!* .... It's times like this that I really resent living in the Southeast!

What about the new Screenplay 4805? If that's going to be there as well I might consider the trip!

Ruben M

Grip
Kirk,

I understand what you are saying but i'm just one of those guys that only experienced front projectors by reading what other people write in this forum. is just a few months ago that i got interested in FP and plan (or hope) on buying one in the near future. The funny part is that i know a whole lot about rainbow effect, screen door effect, dust blobs, pixelation, vertical banding, good or bad black levels, etc. But... have i ever seen or experienced any of the above?...... NOOOOOOOO.
Anyway, it's good to know that there is a place here in L.A. where we can go and see these projectors in action, whichever they are.

About the projectors i would like to see are mainly the Sanyo PLV-Z2, Panasonic PT-L500, NEC LT240K, Mitsubishi XD300U. I wished i had the funds for a ScreenPlay 7205!!

DuaneD

Auditioning
No kidding Joseph.... Any places in the Southeast ever decide to do this please spread the word.

Duane

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
4805 was not in attendance. That was about a month or two away, according to the TV Authority folks. Nice bunch, too. I did get to see one kick ass 7205 but since that's way out of my league...

One cool thing I saw was a projector screen from DaLite that folds down (as opposed to rolling up/ceiling mounted). Very cool because my screen would need to go in front of my HDTV setup (I don't have room above it on the wall).

Bummer that I didn't win the raffle... :frowning:

Ruben M

Grip
I have to say that the 7205 was great but I liked the JVC better. I think the JVC projected a smoother image. If I had the money for either of them (around $9000) i would get the JVC. The place is nice. I hope they have more of these events with other projectors. I would have loved to see some LCD too... well maybe next time...

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Ruben.

That's good to hear.

I was hesitating between the 7205 and the HX-1U for a while. But I bought the HX-1U 2 weeks ago. I just send it to William Phelp for calibration, and still waiting for it.

It was impossible for me to see both PJ at the same time...

Ruben M

Grip
Well, I have to say that most of the people that I talked to liked the In Focus better. The truth is that they are both great projectors. The 7205 had very good blacks, the JVC was weaker in this aspect. And also was very bright. One time they lit the whole room with the recess lighting installed and the image was so clear still.
After checking the InFocus i went to the room next door and they had the JVC on. Then i started to notice that the image was so easy in the eye, very easy to watch. I noticed that the other projector made my eyes kind of tired, I guess it was the three chips of the JVC. What I also liked about the JVC was that at a very close distance to the screen (about 4 feet) there weren't any noticeable pixels. I wished I could have this projector...:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread