The NEW Enormodome: Have a look!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alf S, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    oops...previous post messed up...feel free to remove it.
    Anyway, my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but just wanted you all to check out my new "improved" HT website. I finally bought my own domain name, got a nice easy website builder (hated FP2000), and found a bargain host, all in hopes of creating a more streamlined "Enormodome".
    It is still full of HT and DVD links (including HTF!) to help folks gets the latest HT info quickly.
    I am open to all opinions, suggestions etc. about the new layout, so don't be shy letting me know what you like or dislike, and what you'd like to see added to it.
    Thanks in advance
    Alfer
    The "NEW" Enormodome
    ------------------
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome

2. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Alf, Looks Great [​IMG]
    One thing you forgot though....a link to HTF [​IMG]
    Jeremy

3. Evan A

Evan A Stunt Coordinator

So what is it? You have one thing on the front page and different equipnent pics?
    ------------------
    --------------------
    Evan Adams
    [email protected]
    --------------------

4. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Thanks Jeremy,
    There is a link to HTF. Click on the Links button on the main page, then click on the "HT DVD Forums" link.
    I hope the site is loading ok for all of you. I'm using IE5 and it works just fine.
    Evan: ??? Is the site not loading correctly for you, or are you just not into what I have on the site?
    Thanks
    Alf
    ------------------
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome
    [Edited last by Alf S on July 11, 2001 at 07:12 PM]

5. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

I would echo Evan's statement. One of the first rules about making a home page (if I remember right) is that it shouldn't just be a collection of links. I think the layout and format are great, but you should put more real content in there, content about you. Why would someone want to come to your page? Not for an easy way to find the URL for Dolby, there are search engines for that. What are you bringing to your page, that is uniquely yours?

6. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    This will teach me to try new tweaks...now I've completely messed the site up....I'll keep working on it...
    Thanks for the input...the site is still in the infant stage, and hopefully I can build more into soon..assuming I can learn the correct way to do it! [​IMG]
    ------------------

7. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Ok...it's back to life..feel free to have a look.
    Basically I'm not trying to be another DVD or HT equipment review/ opinion site. I just wanted to gather up a bunch of HT and DVD related sites for people new to HT/DVD etc. to find fairly quickly and easily.The "Cliff Notes of HT sites" if you will.
    Thanks again for all your input...
    http://www.TheEnormodome.com
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Alf S on July 12, 2001 at 06:09 PM]