What's new

The new double dvd cases. Where to get them? (1 Viewer)

Eric Gripp

Agent
Hello everyone. I ran a search for these, but didn't come up with the exact one I'm looking for. The double dvd case I am looking for is a regular single dvd case with a swing tray for the second disc. These new ones have the exact same locking hub for both discs, and it looks like four arrows pointing and converging at the center. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of the King theatrical releases have this case. Cold Mountain and the new GoodFellas release also have them. It really seems to be the new double dvd case of choice for the big Hollywood releases. Where can they be purchased is what I would like to know.

Todd B

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that neither of the above sources have the Alpha 2 Disk multipak available. Are there any vendors that ships these?

Todd

CraigL

Screenwriter
I believe I got mine much cheaper on Ebay. Best place if you're going to buy in bulk. I got 40 in my first shipment.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
TOWER VIDEO on the Sunset Strip has them mixed in with the single cases. They cost $1.00.

AndySvn

Agent
I got mine at Walgreens. 5 cases for $10-a little steep, but you are paying for double dvd cases.

Eric Gripp

Agent
Thank you all for your replies. I actually have a bunch of really nice Amaray double dvd cases, those aren't that difficult to find. Unfortunately, what I am looking for seems to be quite difficult, if not impossible, to find. I wish I wasn't so picky, but I really want this exact case, and hopefully somebody on here has the source. I feel like a moron for not being able to post a picture, but you can see the exact case I am looking for with the movies I mentioned above (GoodFellas Special Edition, Cold Mountain, The Two Towers and The Return of the King theatrical releases). I would like some of these for myself, but the elusive source has yet to be found.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the hub type you're looking for is this one:

I myself like these, but either type is good. They don't put pressure on the discs.

Eric Gripp

Agent
Alex-A, that is it! Thank you for posting that picture. Christopher*KH, I've been to tapewarehouse.com before, but I'm not real impressed with there site. I am actually going to email them though to see if they have the case I want, since they don't have any pictures of their products.

Eric Gripp

Agent
tapewarehouse.com is a big negative on these cases. Are these things impossible to find? SOMEbody has to know where to get them.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Try holding the case at an angle to see if there is a manufacturer or serial number molded into the plastic, then google that info. Unfortunately most stores aren't that precise, in terms of showing a picture of the hub or even revealing what manufacturer's products they stock. But perhaps if you can find the manufacturer you can learn from them what vendors are buying their products.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
And when I say "unfortunately" I don't mean in the grand scheme of things.

Eric Gripp

Agent
Hey Will_B, yeah I scoured that thing for ANY info before I came to this forum to get help. No lettering of any kind. Hard to believe, but true. I just keep hoping that the right person will read this thread and know who makes those cases, and where to get them.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Try your local video store. The local indie (now HV :angry: ) sells off their old DVD cases since they put everything in their lockable ones. I've grabbed a few cases and found these hubs on some of them.

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks