What's new

The NEW Big Juice Theater!! (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Our office moved back in May and since then we've had very little net up-time. Getting service in this area was a difficult task and getting it to actually work was yet another. Finally, it seems we may not have any more issues, as of last week. Thus, my reasons for not being around much. I missed your Panny thread, sorry.

As for the paint, I used Lowe's Valspar Gray Plank Interior Flat (code: 101-21.5, 107-1, 116-1). I tried the Behr SS and others and did not like the results. If you have a Lowe's in your area have them mix a can and try a test piece. When rolling use a 1/4" nap, loaded lightly and roll tight, it will make for a very smooth finish.

The image out of the box was great but it took months to get it where I wanted. I tried several different paints, filters and such to find this Lowe's paint and no filters worked the best.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Dude, that looks kick ass! Nice job. I can't wait to see it in person. :)

Congratulations on finally getting it done.:emoji_thumbsup:

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Thanks Costanza!

Wow fellas, I really have a lot to thank God for, I've come a long way. Check this picture I found when I was a fresh new member of the Home Theater Forum. It seems like ages ago, but it was only 2 years (& 40 pds) ago. Pay close attention to the Jenson center, with the HTiB mains, setting on top off the Fisher 15's, not to mention the VCR ugh! I also was living in a town house. Buying a house is like buying a projector, once you get one, you'll never go back.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
That's a sweet pic LaMarcus :) I hope your neighbours were forgiving with those serious looking speakers ;)

I own a townhome in T.O., but luckily I converted the basement into the theatre and my neighbours can't hear me.

I'm sure you're much happier with the new house and the current setup.

Cheers,
Andrew

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Right now my living room is my home theater, but when I buy a house, I'm definetly having a dedicated home theater room, the girlfriend knows this and is ok with it. shes easy going when it comes to my addiction with electronics equipment. Im lucky in that sense. I read a lot of horror stories from some of the other members reguarding their significant others and their home theater purchases. Right now I rent an apt from my parents, we're waiting for the prices of real estate to come down, we feel they went up too much too quickly the past couple years. I should take pictures of my current setup and post them for the hell of it.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey Jean,

Yes... many, many horror stories. When my wife and I bought our house I had one requirement. That the basement was mine, all mine (insert maniacal laughter)!! We lucked out with our townhome as the basement measured a lovely 10' x 17'ish and had nothing done to it except drywall.

Just remind her, you could have other addictions which might cause you to 'lose' your house :wink:

Good choice on waiting out the real estate boom. The current Toronto (or GTA) market is wickedly overpriced! Wait it out and buy what you want.

Cheers,
Andrew

ps: yes, be lucky you have an understanding gf, it helps :)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Mannnnn, don't remind me. I already want a new DVD player that does the 1080i upconvert, I also want a new receiver, speakers, and another SVS. First let me pay for the couches and the projector ($3,500+$1699), then we can go into debt all over again.:D

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
It's good to have good neighbours. We've lucked out with our neighbours as the ones to the left are retirees and leave all winter and the other ones are just never home :)

I hear ya on the upgrades... now I'm trying to 'convince' my wife that we really do need a FP :D

Cheers,
Andrew

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Man I fought that battle for over a year. Kept getting hit with "the 65 inch is big enough", or the "Well, what are we going to do with the tv if you buy that", lines all the time. Eventually, you'll win the war like I did. :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Very nice! I am counting down the days until we start making the 3-car garage into a 2-car-&-1-HT garage. I can relate to your picture from 2 years ago... I used to watch laser discs on a 13-inch TV in my bedroom WAY back in the day and thought THAT was state of the art! LOL! Now I'm trying to talk the wife into upgrading the receiver (just ONE more upgrade, dear!) before we put up the HT walls. HT Fever...CATCH IT!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
You sure you want to sacrifice one of your garage spaces for HT. I guess since I have a single car garage and can't wait until we move and get a 2 car garage, that it kills me to hear someone say their getting rid of one of their car spots in the garage.:b

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
With one car, the three car garage is a bit of overkill, a good place to throw old cardboard and the stuff our daughter has grown out of, such as the high chair and play pen. The wife is the one who suggested we do this, and there is NO WAY I was going to say no!:D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Yeah, what physco would convert half of their 2 car garage into a HT? ;)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

LOL!
I've been checking out your pictures, and I was especially interested in that AC unit you put in, something along the lines of what I want, as our garage becomes a FREAKING OVEN in the summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks