What's new

The New 90210 (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
First off, I was a pretty big fan of Beverly Hills 90210 when it came out. I watched this show up until Brenda left the show (she was the only reason to watch).

When I heard about this new show, I had no interest at all, until I heard that Brenda and Kelly were coming back. I know Shannon doesn't have a HUGE role in it, but I am hoping that they can possibly work her into the show and really make something of Brenda.

So who here is as interested as I am?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I stayed with 90210 throughout all the years.

Are Brenda and Kelly just appearing in one episode? I saw on Access Hollywood or something that Dylan will be in the series?

~T

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
As of now Shannon Doherty will be in four episodes and Jennie Garth will have a reoccuring role as guidance councelor. Matthew Perry will not be joining the cast at all, but his character was written into the storyline to Garth's character, they had a child together.

No other cast is said to be returning as of this point.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm looking forward to this, but my big fear is the new show is going to be beyond unspeakably horrible. Watching the promo on my TiVO last night, I couldn't help but think these new kids don't have what the originals did. Lack of "the look," if you will. Maybe it's just because I've been with Brandon and the gang for entirely too long.

Regardless, the BF wants to see it, so 90210 gets a week or two to prove itself.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think it's weird that Chandler will be written into the show. At least have him show up.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

~T

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Actually, wasn't Matthew Perry in one episode of the original 90210?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
He was actually! Matthew Perry played a young kid who wrote a screenplay that plotted the death of his father. Brandon read it and was compelled to help him through his rough times. Good stuff!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Meh, can't really say I was blown away by this, in fact I found my mind wandering quite a bit.

The show only really clicked when Brenda and Kelly were together, wasn't really interested in the stuff with the kids much.

I'll say this, though, that 16 year-old (yeah right, more like 27 or 28) who just had her b-day was really hot.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow. Rob Thomas should be ashamed of himself (and completely embarrassed). It's mind boggling that the same person did Veronica Mars. What was his involvement in this anyway? Seems he at least wrote the first episode.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, it was a fair bit better than I ever expected. The adults are all getting their due, much like the kids, courtesy of The OC. Tabitha is a hoot on screen; Debbie had the BEST line of the night when she wanted to swap stories about Harry's penis with the ex.

There was a really bad edit/writing decision between the two hours, though. We don't get to see Harry fess up about the other kid to Debbie nor do we get to know bad boyfriend Jason before Annie goes all melodrama over the breakup. A couple scenes would have been nice in there.

Is it genius? Not a chance. Potential? Yeah, I think so.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Yeah I wasn't totally blown away by the premiere either, but I will watch it a few more times to see how they work out the kinks. As much as I was excited about Brenda and Kelly being back, the scenes with them were nothing to write home about. I realize this was the introductory episode, but man they could have done some more with them.

Like Inspector Hammer, I too wandered a bit during some of the show. It just didn't flow as well as it could have.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I didn't watch it. But, my wife did and she is a 90210 fan. She liked it. She did get a laugh at the begining when their was an announcement from Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez. Who was the daughter of Gabrielle Carteris' character.

I expect that if the ratings start to slip. You will start seeing more of the original cast either making appearances or joining the cast.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I have mixed feelings about the acting on this show, but all in all it was pretty much what I expected; I hope everyone keeps watching it and lets it grow. Remember: the first ep of the original 90210 wasn't very good either!

Of course, the veterans: Lori Loughlin, Rob Estes and Jennie Garth are always good in everything they do. However, some of the unknown faces on this show may stay that way if they don't get themselves into Acting 101 class right this minute! Some of the other younger actors just had very odd, non-tv type faces. It was off-putting to see some of them. Is the casting director short of vision? Some of these people do not, honestly, look like they belong on tv.

But the show itself--the structure, the format--everything there is already working well. I don't expect this show is gonna last another 10 years, but I think it deserves to be watched and I hope everyone gives it a chance!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Well...let's get one thing straight here...NONE of the episodes of the original were very good. But for many it was a guilty pleasure, or in my case it was a way to kill an hour in college while drinking cheap beer and making fun of the absolutely absurd story lines.

"Donna Martin graduates!"

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Beverly Hills 90210 was a HUGE guilty pleasure of mine back in the day. The acting was pretty horrid then too, but I still watched it (atleast up until Brenda left). I enjoyed it for what it was, a cheesy teen soap opera.

They DID have some pretty ridiculous storylines, didn't they. Donna Martin not getting to graduate was definitely one of the best WORST storylines ever. I love how even though they knew she broke a major porm night rule and got plastered, the schools student body rallied around her to get her to graduate. Had it been any one else from the school, no one would have cared! LOL!

I am hoping they bring Brenda back for more than just a few episodes, because really she could be great as a major player in this new show.

Here's to hoping!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Ha, that episode was on just the other day on the Soap network, my wife was watching it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Decent launch/updating of 90210 for a new generation, though it is doing its darnedest to also incorporate the parental soapiness from "The O.C." I'll probably watch anything featuing Jessica Stroup, so it's on the to-be-recorded list, but the acting by the young cast needs to get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks