What's new

The new 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Hardtop *CONVERTIBLE*!!! (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm a member of a Hyundai Tiburon enthusiasts board (http://www.newtiburon.com), and these pictures were posted there today. Introducing the new 2004 (maybe?) Hyundai Tiburon hardtop convertible!

Fully equipped, with a fully retracteable glass roof!

I purchased a 2003 Tiburon GT (Hardtop) this year, and couldn't be happier with it. This new convertible version of the car looks pretty slick, and I'm anticipating it's release. I have a feeling it's going to be quite popular, if properly priced (which it should be, considering the current pricing standards for the Tiburon Hardtop).

Hyundai is coming into their own now. This ain't your daddy's Pony. :D

Moe.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, Hyundai is really kickin it up another notch...

Some retractable hardtops:
Mercedes SL-class... Lexus SC430... HYUNDAI TIBURON... wow, what a list haha...

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Note to public:

Your Tiberon is not a racecar; Nor will it ever be...

I'm tired of seeing these Erector set tail fins on the trunks of these things.:rolleyes

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
That looks pretty good actually.

A friend in England had the retractable-hardtop version of the Honda Civic CRX (aka the del Sol over here). The problem with cheap retractable hardtops is that they go wrong... a lot. They're great when they're working, but I wouldn't own that car without a full warranty.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Wow that is a sharp car....

Hyundai is really coming around. I just purchased a 2004 Hyundai Sonata LX V6. The car is really quiet inside without a single rattle. It rides great and handling is not bad. It also has a level of isolation only found in a Lexus.

When I was waiting for my car to be prepped I test drove a Tiburon GT with the V6 and 6-Speed manual. It was not ultra quick but it could hold its own. Its real strength was how the car handled. No problem pulling serious G-forces in this car. Like my Sonata fit and finish was first rate.

I suggest for anyone in the market for a new car take a look at Hyundai's line up. I think you will be surprised.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Nice looking car, but when its 3L V6 version got smoked all the time by a 1.8L Turbo, it's a joke of a "sports" car.

One day I might buy the regular I4 version, although I don't know whether I want to drive THAT slow.

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
I learned to drive in an '86 pony. It had 72 hp, reardrive, and "speed blocks" holding the front seats from falling through the rusted out holes in the floor.

I think hyundai has come a long way, they are some really nice looking cars. Hopefully they will be able to overcome their past reputaion!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Have you seen how much a Lexus SC430 weighs? It weighs something like 3800lbs which is about 500lbs more than my E36 328i 4-door sedan. Sorry, I'll take a softop anyday for the less complexity and much less weight penalty. My MR2 Spyder is a simple manual roof that I can open and close from inside the car and the car only weights 2200lbs.

I guess the neet-o factor will sell cars, but personally, it's only new once. And if anybody says that it'll be better in winter with the hardtop.. You can get a hardtop for many roadsters (Miata, MR2) anyway for winter though it's not like I'll be out driving in that much snow anyway.

Having said that, the Tiburon looks fairly nice, I don't like the headlights or the taillights though, they look cheap.

Jay

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Is it just me, or is there an extra lump on the rear of the tiburon in the last two pictures?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Nice looking car, but when its 3L V6 version got smoked all the time by a 1.8L Turbo, it's a joke of a "sports" car.

One day I might buy the regular I4 version, although I don't know whether I want to drive THAT slow.
2.7L V6 GT version has 170 horses. The I4 is a 2.0L 140 HP machine.

What does the GT in is the weight - it's a heavy car... but it's definately not what I'd call "slow". I've seen it take the Celica, RSX, and Civic SiR. Sure, a Turbo will beat a GT, but that's 'cause it's a turbo.

Keep in mind... the Tiburon GT comes fully loaded, and costs much less than most of it's competition. I picked up my black GT with Leather, Heated Seats, Air, ABS, Power everything, Sunroof, 17" rims with Pilot Sport tires, Foglights, Spoiler, Infinity 6 Speaker Soundsystem, etc. for less than $29,000 Canadian (that's "on the road", after the 15% taxes, PDI, freight, etc). For you guys in the U.S., that would be about $17,000 (give or take). There's also optional 6-Speed and Traction Control Systems to be had.

For that price, I'm not that concerned that it's not the fastest car on the road. I'm very happy with the car I bought, and I can't wait to see the convertible on the road! :D

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks