What's new

The NeverEnding Story: SE! (1 Viewer)

I recently bought the DVD of "The NeverEnding Story" and found it quick good for a movie-only disc. Being a forever favorite of mine since its theatrical release, I was highly glad to hear about the films port to DVD because my old video was trash. Pan & Scan versions of movies are terrible and TNES was a good example of that. The same for the video edition of "Buckaroo Banzai". Anyway, now that the fantasy classic has been released as a plain-disc, where is the Special Edition? "The NeverEnding Story" is a must for the full SE treatment. I would adore to hear an audio commentary with Barrett Oliver, Noah Hathaway and Tami Stronach reminiscing about their time working on the film. Especially Tami, she was and still is absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW! Too bad TNES was her first and only movie. Now she is dance choreographer somewhere. Anyway, other than a commentary with the child stars, and possibly Wolfgang Peterson (the director), a "Making of" documentary is another must for the disc. There had to have been one made in 1985. A new one with recent interviews with cast and crew is essential too. Photo galleries, cut scenes (if any have survived), cast & crew filmographies/biographies (luckily, I found today, through Goggle, that someone had done a simple one for each child star. Nothing elaborate, but definitely nice pictures of past and present photos for each), hidden easter egg(s), etc. How about it, Warner Bros.? You're not going to lose money. "The NeverEnding Story" is a classic film worthy of a Special Edition and fans will immediately snag a copy upon release. Myself included. Forget about the follow-up films, they were terrible and did not stick to the fantastic book at all (with exception to certain segments in the TNES2, but what was used was totally out of order and messed up).

For those reading this that love the film, I highly recommend you read the book. TNES movie is only the first chapter and it follows it pretty closely. Not sure why Michael Ende, the writer, was so disappointed in the film that he had his name taken out of the credits. Other than the book being more detailed on many things, the movie follows the first chapter's events quite nicely.

In short, Warner + The NeverEnding Story: Special Edition = mega fan praise. Please bring us the goodies. Thanks.

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I was disappointed when I realized that my disc didn't have anything else on it...

This film begs for SE treatment and I'd gladly buy it again to get the new features BUT ONLY IF they were captioned for the deaf & hard of hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks