What's new

The Never-Ending Problem of DVD Storage (1 Viewer)

Sarah S

Second Unit
Since I am running out of room & the spouse & I have no actual inclination to start the media shelves running around our living/dining room, I looked at my CD collection was reminded of the ever-present Case Logic cases. Has anybody used them or similar products? Would you recommend them to your friends?

I was thinking about the cases that hold 200 discs at once, and storing the boxes elsewhere.

Opinions?

Don Black

Screenwriter
Personally, I use a nice Boltz rack to hold my 700+ DVDs. It does take up a little wall space though .. but I'm young and single so I can get away with that. If you do go the Case Logic route, make sure you get a case that is padded on both sides to accomodate dual sided DVDs. They do exist and are made specifically for DVDs. Personally, I'm proud of my movie collection. Then again, it's kind of hard to miss! Plus the 120" screen, projector, autographed posters, etc. :D

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
If/when storage becomes a problem for me (not yet with just under 100 discs), I'm going to build a media room specifically for them.

Barring that, I would buy a couple of mega changers, fill 'em with discs and put the boxes in storage.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'll 2nd the mega-changers. Once the disks go in, no more prints and cheeze whiz messes to clean up. You can get a carton for the cases and pack them away.

Glenn

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I went to the Case Logic type case about 6 months ago and I think it's great, as does my wife. I got all of those DVD cases out of my Family Room and the case takes up very little room. Eventually I plan on having a separate case for each type of movie so that it will be easy to find the movie(s) that I'm looking for.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I use 2 Case Logic albums:
Pros:
1) w/o a doubt, they conserve a ton of space
2) They are easily accessible..no meddling with some of those hard to use keep cases
3) They have cool inserts areas for the title covers
4) You can buy extra sheets to increase capacity to 50+ sheets per album (they come with 40 spaces)
5) #1 reason to get one....travel, esp. for a guy who goes to college.
Cons:
1) easy to steal :frowning:
2) $40 per album might be pricey for some

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks