The Nativity Story

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DavidPla, Jun 28, 2006.

1. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

Didn't even know that this was coming out. After the HUGE success of "The Passion of The Christ", this just might be a sleeper hit this Christmas.

http://www.thenativitystory.com/

2. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

I'm really looking forward to it.

I remember reading a review of the script somewhere - it's supposed to be very faithful to the story as presented in the Bible, and just adds some of the emotional core to the bones of that text. It supposedly really does well in presenting how a person would react in that type of situation - visited by an angel, told that you've been chosen to give birth to the Son of God, nearly divorced by your fiance because he thought you had been cheating, the fear, the excitement, all the emotions you would expect. It's one of my most anticipated films of the year.

We had aquite a bit of coverage of the film announcement here in New Zealand, simply because Keisha Castle-Hughes, the girl playing Mary, is from here (she was the star of Whale Rider, for which she was nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars a few years ago).

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Good to see Miss Castle-Hughes was not a one hit wonder. Here is hoping this one firmly anchors her onto the map.

The delightful Shohreh Aghdashloo plays Elizabeth. Yay.

Umm... actually it's been a while since Sunday school, who the hell is Elizabeth?

--
    H

4. Jason Guardiano

Jason Guardiano Stunt Coordinator

Elizabeth is Mary's cousin, the mother of John the Baptist.

5. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

This is by the director of Thirteen (2003). I hope this has the same raw intensity, realisim, and filmmaking talent that that film had. There's a million ways to approach the story.

Regards,
    Nathan