What's new

The Nanny- 2nd Season DVD? (1 Viewer)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Is there anyone else out there waiting for the 2nd Season DVD release for The Nanny? It has possibly my favourite episode of it, which is "The Whine Cellar". It's been 4 months since the first release, and I'm anticipating another one soon. Did the first season sell well?
-James

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for it too! The 'Whine Cellar' is an AWSOME episode, I just it when Fran does CC's hair! But the first season is still pretty new to DVD and knowing SONY and their reputation...who knows how long it will take for the next season to be released. Hopefully sooner than later.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's gotten to where you can't ever tell for sure about future seasons of a show. Sometimes it takes forever and then suddenly the next box set is announced. Once & Again went an eternity after the first season and then the second and third were announced quickly.

Don't expect the studios to ever behave logically. They don't know that much about television. lol.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Lookin' forward to it!!!
I was surprised by it coming out so soon, especially with SONY's reputation.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Good good good. I bought Season 1 a few weeks ago, and forgot how much I love Fran Drescher. I hope they keep it up with the good special features, etc. I agree, they did a great job with the Season 1 set!

Now we just need a Living With Fran complete series set, since some of the episodes are unaired, and it's very likely the show won't return for a 3rd season because of the WB/UPN merger.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The show's returning in March. While a third season is unlikely, there are only a few shows with any real guarantee of making the jump to The CW.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, by the unaired episodes, I meant the ones from Season 1... there were 13 produced, and only 7 aired for the 1st season.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I doubt "Living with Fran" has any life beyond whatever episodes are now in the can. The ratings were pathetic, even by WB standards.

I'm a huge "Nanny" fan, but couldn't stand LWF.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I had almost given up hope on a 2nd season of this. I'm hoping that Fran does more commentaries this time around. She did several last time that were informative and charming. She was very well prepared which isn't always the case on a lot of commentaries.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yay!!!!!!!!! Sony has finally realised that The Nanny is worth more DVD releases! I wonder about the bonus features. Can't wait for the episode "The Whine Cellar"!
-James

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
New info posted at TVShowsOnDVD.com -http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5164
It posts the back art, and it looks like we won't be getting any bonus features this time. Oh well. The only bonus features I really won't on any set is the reunion special- A Nosh to Remember-, and on the third season set, I hope we get the Nanny animated Christmas special "Oy To The World". I loved that ep.
-James

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
A Nosh To Remember was produced for Lifetime so I'm guessing it won't be available for any of the box set releases. This is also true of The Golden Girls & Designing Women reunions which were also great shows. Hopefully they will receive their own releases as they don't air that often.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What year did "Oy to the World" air? It's not in the syndication package, and the used VHS goes for nearly $100 on Amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks