What's new

Pre-Order The Naked Spur (Warner Archive) (1953) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
But thats what makes it so good. None of the characters are really likeable.
I never said anything against how good or great of a movie it is. I'm saying it's the reason why I don't love it. I accept why some people love this movie, I just wish those same people accept that others might not feel the same way.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
"Strategic Air Command" is such a strange "propaganda" piece....ending with Jimmy Stewart staring out of the window of that general's office knowing his baseball and flying careers are over. Hardly the best way to get men to return to service, but whatever. The Olive blu-ray looks great...pure VistaVision!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
"Strategic Air Command" is such a strange "propaganda" piece....ending with Jimmy Stewart staring out of the window of that general's office knowing his baseball and flying careers are over. Hardly the best way to get men to return to service, but whatever. The Olive blu-ray looks great...pure VistaVision!

Yes it is a bit strange but it sure looks great. I would have loved to see it on a huge screen and projected with a horizontal print with Perspecta sound!

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
And I just checked this out on Amazon. As of today, The Naked Spur ranks first in sales of western films and 84th out of all movies and tv.
You won't be disappointed I promise you. If warner can remaster this movie the way they did I truly pray they do the same for friendly persuasion, last summer (in some capacity), and The wild bunch.

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I have not received this yet as i ordered this and a night at the opera using reward points on amazon but am looking forward to getting it next week.

I read an interesting email on the dvdbeaver web site for the review of the dvd aug 15th 2006. It is always assumed that Warner works its magic for these blu ray releases but it appears that Warner had a similar print to the blu ray a few years before the 2006 dvd release and chose to release the trashy looking print on dvd instead. I wonder why George Felltenstein would have done that?

Email sent to dvdbeaver back in 2006:

"NOTE: (sent from email) - 'I just wanted to let you know that I saw a screening of "The Naked Spur" at the American Cinematheque a few years ago here in Los Angeles. Your are right to think that the transfer and print on the new DVD are muddy and sub-standard. In the beautiful print that was screened -- the colors POPPED. Sorry that this DVD isn't all it could have been.' (Thanks Matt!)"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon has finally shipped my Blu-ray so I'll have it tomorrow.

Edit: I just checked my tracking information and it's coming from Calif, so it's probably going to be after tomorrow.:)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon has finally shipped my Blu-ray so I'll have it tomorrow.

Edit: I just checked my tracking information and it's coming from Calif, so it's probably going to be after tomorrow.:)
Wow, my Blu-ray is already in Michigan so it looks like I'll be getting it today after shipping from Cali yesterday along with some other stuff I ordered.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
At times, there is no rhyme or reason why some get their discs in a timely manner while others have to wait like they're in Casablanca trying to get out of there in 1942.
Yeah I ordered it awhile ago with Santa Fe Trail and both show in stock but they list delivery for Wednesday and they haven't shipped. I ordered Night at the Opera later so maybe they are waiting for that to combine it.

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I ordered mine a couple of mins after it was avaiable to order and will be getting it at the reduced price of 17.99 but i will have to wait until sep 29th as i am one of those that gets punished for not having amazon prime. They hold off for a week after release day before they will ship. I can wait.

After all its free with my amazon rewards card along with a night at the opera, dinner at eight and little rascals vol 3. Im using my card to fund my house remodel and pay it off before i get charged interest. Im getting a ton of rewards so free movies for a long long time for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks