What's new

The "Mystery" Song From the Movie "Carrie" (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok, we've all seen "Carrie" and I'm trying to find the name of this song that was in the movie. The reason I call it the "mystery" song is that it's not listed in the credits of the film and I can't find any evidence on the internet that the song even exists (and apparently I'm not the only one who's trying to figure it out.) Anyway it's the song that's playing in the scene where Billy Nolan and Chris Hargensen arrive at the party, where she blows him and says "I Hate Carrie White". The lyrics go something like this:

ooh, ahh, pretty lady
don't need much money to make dreams come true
i know the lady, she gets me through
she gives me everything, all sweet style
she holds my happiness in her smile

ooh, ahh, pretty lady
went to the drive in, to see the show
too busy loving to watch it though
there's an answer .. the key of love

deep in the night we're all alone
high as a kite

It's probably a long shot since I can't already find an answer anywhere on the internet, but I'd appreciate it if someone could provide any insight.

troy evans

Screenwriter
William Katt released at least one album under the name Billy Katt. He was an actor/musician back in the day. Since he starred in the film as Carrie's prom date maybe he convinced the film's makers to use an original song of his. This is just a guess.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Just go to Chapter 13 on the DVD (don't know if the Blu-Ray is broken up differently). The song can be heard a few seconds later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks