The Music Box

Discussion in 'DVD' started by StevenFC, Sep 3, 2003.

1. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

Man, I'm really getting tired of having to see stuff like this. I know it's been out for a while, but I just noticed that "The Music Box" with Jessica Lange was released by Artisan in pan and scan only. I'm watching it on satellite as I'm typing this. Man it's hard to watch in pan and scan. I decided to look it up for possible purchase assuming that it would be released in it's (obvious) 2.35 to 1 ratio. Boy was I wrong. I just don't get it. I mean I really don't. What's wrong with these people?? What possible reason could they have for butchering a film like this?? I don't even know what to say. Do the eggheads that make these decisions know or care anything about movies?? Do they really expect for this to be a big seller?? Are they paying attention to the market trends?? Man it's frustrating. I'm at a loss for words here. It's just mind-boggling that we still have to deal with this at a time when everything is going to widescreen.

Attention: I WILL NEVER BUY A PAN AND SCAN FILM...NEVER!!!

2. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I hear ya. I love this movie---Lange is just terrific in it--but I will not buy this POS P&S disc.

3. Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman Stunt Coordinator

Being in the video retail business, I've the luxury of purchasing wholesale. The distributor clearly stated that this title was "widescreen", but of course it wasn't. He offered to accept a return at his expense, but I desided it was better for business to accept his apology, and place it on the shelf for sale. Thumbs down to Artisan for their crappy decision!!!!!!

Bob Engleman