1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Muppets Show...Season 2?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by WendyG, May 6, 2006.

1. WendyG

WendyG Auditioning

Does anybody know if there will be a Muppets Show Season 2 coming out? It will soon be a year since the first one came out and I can't find anything about season 2 anywhere.

2. ethanTo

ethanTo Stunt Coordinator

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=4916

All the show news you could possibly want!

The part you want:

They told me that the set was originally planned for release in February, but was bumped to "Summer 2006" due to the extra time needed to clear all the musical rights, compile the bonus features, restore the episodes, and compile the overall DVD set. This product is simply taking longer to produce than Disney first expected. But it is coming, and should be ready for this summer, if all goes as planned. Disney regretted having to bump the title and delay release, but they wanted to keep the quality up to fans' expectations. The season 2 set is coming as quickly as possible, and they are shooting for a summer release.

I will buy this set, like the first, but you know what I would actually prefer...THE MUPPET BABIES! Someone get those guys to DVD, they ruled!

3. Roger_S

Roger_S Stunt Coordinator

There is a blog devoted to Muppet news which you can find here:

http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/

They just updated about The Muppet Show: Season 2, saying it is now expected to come out this fall.

4. Randy*S

Randy*S Second Unit

Randy
    As long as it comes out, I don't mind the wait!

5. WendyG

WendyG Auditioning

Thank you so much for the replies. My husband is getting impatient waiting for this one. Now he is happy knowing what is going on. THANKS!! [​IMG]

6. Randall Cyrenne

Randall Cyrenne Stunt Coordinator

I never mind it when a studio takes the time to do it right. I *love* the Season 1 set (too bad about a few edits there, but overall the shows look great, and the subtitle fact track is terrific).