What's new

The Muppet Show Season 2 - 8/7/07 Boxart & Details Inside (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I would have thought that we might have heard something by now. I really want to see this show completed.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Perhaps the hold up is because they're trying to make sure the next release has some decent extras and looks as good as possible. I'd rather wait awhile and get a great next release than have a half-assed one shipped out too soon.

Anyone have any speculations as to what extras could or should be on the next set ? Are there any "hidden treasures" left to uncover ? I'd settle for some great interviews with the surviving creative team behind the show. I'd say that doing "interviews" with some of the actual muppets would be great but I cringe whenever I hear Kermit these days. That new voice just ain't working for me, I'm sad to say.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
One extra I would like to see is the promo done for Loews (later Sony) theaters in the late 80s/early 90s. It had all the Muppets in a movie theater, telling the audience not to smoke, talk, blow up chairs, etc.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
they might also be holding up and waiting for Christmas. This is the sort of thing that people would give friends.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I remeber back in the 80s they had an hour long 30th anniversary special. Was basically a clip show with some new wraparound material but they showed clips going all the way back to "Sam & Friends" I remember having it on tape and must have watched it about 100 times. You would think that would be something for the DVDs

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Are the episodes in the wrong order in the Region 1 boxsets of the first three series of The Muppet Show? Over here the episodes are out of order in the Region 2 boxsets. They were shown on ITV in a different order.

Who do people want to see on the front cover for the (hopefully) Season 4 boxset? I'd like to see Gonzo on the front cover.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

I only have Season 1, but in the booklet they explain that the shows are in "production order" because as a syndicated show (in the US), the episodes may have run in any order from one city to the next -- at that time, they generally didn't use satellite (or whatever they use now) to distribute syndicated shows -- they'd send tapes out, and when one station was done with it they'd "bicycle" it to another station -- they could get by with duplicating fewer copies that way. I'd never thought about it being a UK show (it was produced in the UK). Now I wonder why they didn't just use the UK running order. I guess production order is fine too, as long as they're all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks