What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

The Munsters (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That trailer confused me. Is this supposed to be a loving homage to the series, of a spoof of it? When I first saw the initial black and white trailer with them going through the door, I had hope. But after seeing the bright colorful stuff in the last trailer, I am confused. And Herman's voice is not right at all. Isn't he supposed to have a deep voice that rattles the earth when he laughs?

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yeah, I was initially interested in what Zombie might come up with...but judging from the trailer, this looks like hot garbage. Only the actor playing Grandpa seems to have any concept of the character he's playing.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Joe Romoni does great insights on YouTube (he is a big Munsters fan) and this checks off all the boxes for what’s wrong with the trailer. Interesting observation: the side by side comparison between clips in color vs. black and white. I understand that there’s a lot of reluctance by studios to avoid B&W features (especially fairly “big” pictures as opposed to smaller indie films) but I think it really would have helped this one.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Wow that trailer was so bad I couldn't even finish it. This looks very low budget. Reminds of the cheap horror movies made for sci fi channel in the early 2000's. Tim Burtons Dark Shadows had a good budget it was just unfortunately misguided and a disaster.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No Eddie or Marilyn. Must be setting up for a sequel if it works out
It looks like this is essentially an origin story of how Herman first met Lily, so Eddie wouldn't show up until later.

Supposedly the budget was in the $30-40 million range.

I've never really been a fan of The Munsters, and this trailer has done nothing to change that.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It’s NOT going to Peacock.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Odd as it's a Universal production. It seems like Peacock would have first option. I guess it's so bad even they didn't want it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Selling it means getting money. Putting it on Peacock means no money.

But it does look crap.
Probably, but I thought the whole point of the studios creating streaming outlets was to create a synergy between the studios that create product and the streaming service that offers it to subscribers. Seems like you'd want original product created by your studio to premiere on your streaming service as exclusive content.

Though I guess Paramount has sold a number of their feature films to Netflix and Amazon, rather than putting them on P+, so I guess it's part of the business.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I walked into our living room and my wife was watching this trailer on YT. I thought it was fan made because the audio mix is terrible, the sets and costumes look cheap and the acting seems bad. Does the dialogue/narration audio not sound horrible to anyone else? It seems way to loud and out in front of everything else, like so many fan made productions. I just thought this was a spoof trailer, but it is real and completely turns me off. I love the original show but, this looks bad.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I don't follow Rob Zombie and you guys say he's a big Munster's fan but, you can't tell based on that trailer. It looks like it was made by someone who hasn't ever watched the show. The show was just a standard family sitcom. The Munster's saw themselves as a regular family and didn't realize they were different. A story along those lines could have landed so good with the struggles in today's culture. Something that spoke to people about be different but, being normal at the same time. The show never really focused on Herman and Lily's romance, it was a family show. This trailer/movie feels like it misses the point of the entire show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSC
Recent bookmarks