What's new

The Munsters (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The front yard and gate are different, but the house itself is an eerily accurate recreation of the exterior from the television series.

DAN ROEBUCK IS GRANDPA MUNSTER?!!!!!!! I can only imagine that it is a pure joy for a guy like him.
While the hair and is more extravagant, and an epic mustache has been added, there's quite a bit of Al Lewis in his look too. Especially with those incredible eyebrows.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
They seemed to work hard on Herman's makeup and grandpas - and they gave Lily a wig, which looks like a cheap wig. Did they run out of wardrobe budget for her?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It seems like this may be a joint theatrical and Peacock release. Early reports seemed to have it streaming only.

Also, there are some rumors it may be an R-rated adaptation, though I'm not sure that's been legitimately confirmed. It would seem odd for a kid-friendly sitcom to be adapted as an R-rated film. There would be howls of complaint if parents not paying attention to the press and the rating let their kids watch.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It seems like this may be a joint theatrical and Peacock release. Early reports seemed to have it streaming only.

Also, there are some rumors it may be an R-rated adaptation, though I'm not sure that's been legitimately confirmed. It would seem odd for a kid-friendly sitcom to be adapted as an R-rated film. There would be howls of complaint if parents not paying attention to the press and the rating let their kids watch.
Agreed but that has never stopped "The Suits" before ...
51bhqxZY2gL.jpg
AFIAK the original Musters house is still at Universal Studios (Universal City) it's part of "Wisteria Lane" now and the original front doesn't face the street ...
n4Zy0t623znf-951tRYRlE10tXInwqCrVHM5iFD1ZziK9CCE1wC3_dz1oDD6hEdLZCwI8ZFFznboh3omHDI0GwuzvPnr0rPTU06h3mLZVxD21mVxnZFvUgvbMQ
Still from "Munster Go Home" ...
exterior-2-from-movie-Munster-Go-Home.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
AFIAK the original Musters house is still at Universal Studios (Universal City) it's part of "Wisteria Lane" now
It is, but all of "Colonial Street" was heavily reworked for "Desperate Housewives", so now it looks quite a bit different:
Colonial Street Building #3

The general layout is the same, but they got rid of the third story porch on the tower, and swapped out the archway on the left for a more traditional gambrel-style roof.

NBC's "Mockingbird Lane" pilot actually shot on the same street on the Universal backlot, but didn't use the house itself, instead opting for a grander (I believe CG) house.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Cassandra Peterson (aka Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) as a real estate agent in the new Munsters movie.
The costume is a bit low-key for Elvira. ;)

1647097342548.png

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I heard a theory that Rob Zombie wanted to make a movie that his kids could actually watch.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
Watching the redo of the original title sequence in this trailer makes me think this whole thing is a bad idea. If you're going to have the cajones to strut your stuff by recreating something iconic, you have to do it better, and this is not better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks