The Munsters

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: The Munsters

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Rob Zombie

Cast: Jeff Daniel Phillips, Sheri Moon Zombie, Daniel Roebuck, Jorge Garcia, Richard Brake, Cassandra Peterson, Sylvester McCoy, Dee Wallace, Catherine Schell, Tomas Boykin, Roderick Hill

Release: 2022-09-10

Plot: Reboot of "The Munsters", the 1960s sitcom that followed a family of monsters who move from Transylvania to an American suburb.

1647097822908.png

I'm not sure Zombie seems like the right director for a feature based on "The Munsters", but that's what's being reported at Deadline. Expected to stream on Peacock (now expected on Netflix).

https://deadline.com/2021/06/the-munsters-movie-rob-zombie-universal-1234770945/

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Never say never, but you can't duplicate the original Munsters without Fred Gwynne IMHO. I'd be pleasantly surprised if he can pull it off.

SixOfTheRichest

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daz
Sure, why not?

My brother really pushed for me to check out his films and I liked Devil’s Rejects and his Halloween remake.
I like pretty much all his films, except for his Halloween remake. I did like his sequel to it though and was pleasantly surprised.

Need to see 31 and 3 From Hell

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Weird. I'm looking forward to this. I think Rob Zombie has a gift for odd, catchy dialogue. And I'm curious to see his trashy character aesthetic drift into the Munsters!

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I like pretty much all his films, except for his Halloween remake. I did like his sequel to it though and was pleasantly surprised.

Need to see 31 and 3 From Hell
i liked 31 better than "The Devil's Rejects". Still haven't seen '3 From Hell'.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I know Rob Zombie loves the original so he's as good of a choice as any. I'm assuming he's making a comedy and not a straight horror movie.
That would be unusual for Rob to make a comedy. I think it will be more towards horror.

I bought 3 From Hell a while back, but haven’t gotten to it yet. I did like Rejects.

I must say, I really enjoyed "1313 Mockingbird Lane" as a different take on familiar characters. Very darkly funny and creepy. Wish that one had continued.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mufasaa
Recent bookmarks