What's new

The Munsters & Night Gallery coming soon! (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I too am looking forward to Night Gallery. Although, I am more excited about getting the 80's version of Twilight Zone. I have never seen a show show butchered by syndication as that one. It will be nice to get the uncut.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
No. I wasn't aware of that.
Thanks. :)

Remember the "Giant Chicken" episode with Paul Lynde on Jeannie??

Paul (on phone with Dr. Bellows) -- "I'm sorry doctor...I couldn't hear you on account of the giant chicken outside. Gi-ant Chickkk-ennn?????!!" :laugh:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Yes, it was hilarious! Especially when you see the giant hand that comes up behind to push it to get it to flap it's wings;)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
YAY! YAY! THE MUNSTERS! It only ran 2 seasons, so hopefully they'll go ahead and release the second year eventually.

Claude North

Second Unit
I couldn't be happier about Night Gallery . I've only seen it in its mutilated syndicated form, so I'm thrilled to have the chance to see it as it originally aired.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
THE MUNSTERS AT LAST!! Great news! I often avoid coming to this folder because it's usually the same old "wants" listed - but this was worth the trip! :D

RE: “Night Gallery.” Despite concerns from the DVD-preparation staff within the studio, who showed decision-makers a night-and-day comparison between an old print and a newly restored print, the marketing department decided to move ahead with the transfer to DVD using the old 1991 remastering, which has music cue omissions and other errors that are now to be transferred permanently, for posterity, to silver disc. No extras are being considered, either. If you're interested, there’s a petition to sign directed at Universal to reconsider their plan for an unremastered, no-frills release of “Night Gallery”: www-dot-petitiononline-dot-com/ng1969/petition-dot-html. For more detailed information, check the “Night Gallery” website, www-dot-nightgallery-dot-net.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Pretty sad isn't it? A classic like this show gets the boot, and we should be happy we'll be getting it at all. Oh yeah, we fans have to accept a bare-bones, no frills, error filled, music ommitted and other error filled set, that's fine. Just get the show out there, dirt and scratched filled, even missing scenes, it's still a classic. Too bad the show wasn't as important as, say...The Anna Nicole Show, then we might have gotten a golden release version loaded with complete restoration, interviews, making of documentaries and other great goodies.

Real Name
Anthony
I know you've got more important things to discuss but can anyone please tell me if NIGHT GALLERY is the series that ends with the pictures of the roller-coaster under the end credits ? And if not, which is ?

It's been driving me nuts for years.

JulianK

Supporting Actor

The series you're thinking of is Hammer's anthology series Journey To The Unknown.

It's not available on DVD, sadly. Rights are held by Fox, I believe.

Real Name
Anthony
God bless you, Julian ! It used to be on ITV when I was a kid - the last show of the night - and sometimes I'd get to stay up for it. Didn't know it was Hammer, though. I had it in my head that it was American.

JulianK

Supporting Actor

It was a co-production between Fox and Hammer, largely (exclusively?) shot in the UK by a variety of latter-day Hammer directors (Alan Gibson, Roy Ward Baker, etc). The cast was generally UK character actors, often pepped up by an waning American star to help overseas appeal.

It's not been seen over here for a very long time. Copies circulate among collectors, I'm told.

If you remember the title sequence, perhaps you might remember the haunting whistled theme music?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks