The Munsters & Car 54, Where Are You?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew H, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

Two classic TV series which only lasted a couple of seasons, surely a DVD release would be right up these shows alleys. They could squeeze both seasons on a couple of discs. Any news? As well, what's the word on F Troop and Get Smart?

2. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    I would LOVE for the Munsters to come out on DVD. I have been watching it from the beginning of the series on TV Land. Fred Gwynne is a comic genius!

3. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Get Smart is owned by Paramount; far as I know there is no plan to get this going on DVD.

But that's a shame, since I bet it would be a huge seller, and they could get people like Mel Brooks, Buck Henry, Don Adams and Barbara Feldon to do commentaries while they have the chance right now.

Can someone point me to a petition for Get Smart? Or to the right Paramount exec to petition for it? I'll be happy to get it going.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Look in the thread with the words "USA Today" in the title. F Troop is coming at some unspecified point in the future.

I would love to have the Munsters.

5. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I believe one of the other threads on "Get Smart" contained a tidbit about a conversation someone (Mr. Lacey?) had with Paramount about this show. The upshot of it was that Paramount stated they didn't know they owned the show. Assuming Mr. Blythe wasn't up to his old tricks and playing coy, this doesn't bode well for getting this on DVD.