The Mummy: Franchise Collection Problems

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kyle J Richard, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Kyle J Richard

I purchased The Mummy: Franchise Collection today (for the first movie and Kong ticket). The box is pretty impressive, but the discs are loose inside the box. They just sit in there in clear holders that I have to pull out and flip through. There are no seperate cases and no inserts. This is very unusual and unappealing. Is this box defective or is it supposed to be like this?

2. Yumbo

Yumbo Cinematographer

got the same thing. back leaflet is the norm.

3. Aaron Thorne

Aaron Thorne Stunt Coordinator

Are these the same discs minus Scorpion King that came in the previous 2 disc Mummy/Mummy Returns set?

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Since I don't own/have never seen these movies, I thought I'd give this set a crack since I cannot wait to go see Peter Jackson's King Kong! I figure $20 for the set minus $10.50 movie cash...puts each movie in the $3 range! [​IMG]

Apparently there are just three discs in the box? And, when Kyle says the discs are in clear holders--are they like plastic jewel cases or thin sleeves? And is the box the same size as, say, a Seinfeld season set box?

Here's the back cover...courtesy DVD Empire:

[​IMG]

5. Kyle J Richard

The discs are in clear plastic jewel cases that open like a book (only without a cover). When you open the box, you will find the discs sitting there. You have to take the jewel case out of the box to get to The Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King. And yes, these are the same discs as the previous Mummy Collection. I only bought this version, as opposed to the previous one, for the King Kong ticket. If you don't need the ticket or the Scorpion King (blech!), I recommend the other set.

6. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I'll definitely get this. I own 'Scorpion King' but I have yet to purchase the first two 'Mummy' films. Since SK was a previously viewed purchase (and has seen better days), I'll gladly get rid of it and purchase this set. I'm also going to get the 'Jurassic Park' franchise collection, as I own none of them on DVD.