What's new

The Mummy: Franchise Collection Problems (1 Viewer)

I purchased The Mummy: Franchise Collection today (for the first movie and Kong ticket). The box is pretty impressive, but the discs are loose inside the box. They just sit in there in clear holders that I have to pull out and flip through. There are no seperate cases and no inserts. This is very unusual and unappealing. Is this box defective or is it supposed to be like this?

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
got the same thing. back leaflet is the norm.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Are these the same discs minus Scorpion King that came in the previous 2 disc Mummy/Mummy Returns set?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since I don't own/have never seen these movies, I thought I'd give this set a crack since I cannot wait to go see Peter Jackson's King Kong! I figure $20 for the set minus $10.50 movie cash...puts each movie in the $3 range! :emoji_thumbsup:

Apparently there are just three discs in the box? And, when Kyle says the discs are in clear holders--are they like plastic jewel cases or thin sleeves? And is the box the same size as, say, a Seinfeld season set box?

Here's the back cover...courtesy DVD Empire:

The discs are in clear plastic jewel cases that open like a book (only without a cover). When you open the box, you will find the discs sitting there. You have to take the jewel case out of the box to get to The Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King. And yes, these are the same discs as the previous Mummy Collection. I only bought this version, as opposed to the previous one, for the King Kong ticket. If you don't need the ticket or the Scorpion King (blech!), I recommend the other set.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll definitely get this. I own 'Scorpion King' but I have yet to purchase the first two 'Mummy' films. Since SK was a previously viewed purchase (and has seen better days), I'll gladly get rid of it and purchase this set. I'm also going to get the 'Jurassic Park' franchise collection, as I own none of them on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks