What's new

The Mummy 3 without Brendan Fraser??? (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, it would kinda be like a "Predator" movie without Arnold, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Carl Weathers... Oops, they did that, didn't they. :D

To be honest, it is just as well, considering the train wreck that was "The Mummy Returns". Unless you have a good story, don't do it.

Jason

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What??!! How can you make MUMMY 3 without the mummy?

......Oh....just a minute......you guys meant the other mummy.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
the kind of franchise The Mummy is (all big bucks FX, no originality), they could make the next one set in the future, in outer space, it'd still be a rehash and a snoozer.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I couldn't care less about Brendan Frasier. No Rachael Weiss equals no money from me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rachel Weisz said during filming of "The Mummy Returns" that she would not be doing another, so that's not news. And I'm sure Brendan can be enticed back with a decent script and a large check. :)

I think they're fun films. I'd like to see another, and the Father/Son dynamic (sans Weisz) could be fun. I thought the kid was pretty good in TMR.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Thank god, just another movie I dont have to cringe through with brendan fraiser is good for us all. The second mummy was pretty bad anyways, corny lines and the cartoon special effects job they did on the scorpion king, what did they loose their budget check book on that day and scrape some change together to pay for it. I'd like to see this series go away completly.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm an unapologetic fan of the first Mummy movie, and the second one has moments. Unfortunately, it was ruined by really dumb plotting and some events that shredded any willing suspension of disbelief (Rick outrunning sunlight, anyone?). And I found the whole reincarnation development very unnecessary.

However, done right, a third one could be cool, especially if it featured O'Connell's character as older, perhaps widowed.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I think I'm the only one in the Western Hemisphere who not only liked The Mummy Returns, but liked it more than The Mummy.

It's... kind of cold and lonely here... :frowning:

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Not the only one Matthew...my wife and I enjoyed both movies quite a bit and I actually think Brendon did a fantastic job!

Why worry about The Mummy 3?

If Stephen Sommers has to do it, we have to wait until he finishes Van Helsing coming out next year. So let's see how that one turns out. I, for one, is open to any disrespectfull take on the dracula/frankenstein-movie-myth, so I am optimistic.

However, it could be fun to see The Mummy 3 take place i more modern times (see how I got dragged into anyway, damn!).

/michael

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I had two problems with the Mummy Returns:

1. The sub-plot with the Scorpion King seemed very tacked on.

2. The special effects at the end of the film looked like they were done with a box of Crayolas.

Elvie

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew and Paul ... I enjoyed both Mummy and Mummy Returns as well. Those cheezy laughs are enough for me to forgive some of the shortcomings with the Scorpion King bits. I ran out and bought both as soon as they were first released ... the wear on the package is proof that I've enjoyed watching them over and over :)

Not quite sure what to think of the idea of a Mummy movie without Brendon and Rachel, but I'm willing to give it a chance since Arnold Vosloo is still going ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks