What's new

The most you've ever seen a movie in theaters (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I very often watch movies twice in theaters, but "Titanic" is the only film I've seen three times in theaters.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Great poll question!
I RARELY see a movie more than once in the theater. However, I saw Pulp Fiction and Cape Fear three times each in the theater.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I saw "Independence Day" and "The Phantom Menace" five times each.
"The Lost World" I saw twice on opening day, it's the only movie I've ever seen more than once in a single day.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I've seen A.I. Artificial Intelligence 3 times so far,just can't get enough(even bought a bootleg DVD).
ID4 - 3 times
Star Wars: Episode 1 - 2 times
Pulp Fiction - 3 times

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
1997-98
- Titanic 3 Times
- Star Wars Episode 1 3 Times (Me and my cousin were joking about how we all complain about this movie, yet we've all seen it many times in theatres!)
- Austin Powers 2 3 Times
- The Matrix 0 Times, and I'm now killing myself for that! Someday I'll catch in one of the Toronto theatres that are playing it!
- Gladiator 2 Times
Diddly squat. There's only been one movie I really want to see again in theatres, and that is A.I.. Aside from that, there's nothing I have even the slightest urge to see again. Either it's because this is my first full year with Dolby Digital/DTS at home, or this year's selection is junk.

Jin E

Second Unit
This Armageddon10 times... although 8 of them were against my will. I saw it twice in theaters (once with friends and then with my Dad). Then...
When I was in college I was a projectionist for the Student Union. Somehow I ended up picking up all 4 nights of movies the weekend Armageddon was showing. We use old reel to reel projectors where you have to watch for the cues to manually change reels (in otherwords I had to actually pay attention to the movie). I never want to see that damned movie again!
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
Saw Titanic 32 times during a 4 month stretch with various "co-workers" and family members. I have to say though I got tired of the movie after the 25th time or so.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Mars Attacks. I saw it 7 times in the theaters, when I was a senior in High School. I bought the DVD and watched it a few times, but man, that film just struck a chord with me when it first came out.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Saw Titanic 32 times during a 4 month stretch
Wow, that's... impressive
crazy.gif

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
¥ Since 1968, I've seen 2001: A Space Odyssey 58 times in commercial cinemas. This does not count campus screenings, which would bring the total well into the 60s.
¥ Since 1974, I've seen Zardoz somewhere between 50 and 60 times in commercial cinemas--again, not counting campus screenings. (In the first three weeks of the film's release, I saw it 17 times.)
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Star Wars: SE
Empire Strikes Back: SE
Return of the Jedi: SE
The Phantom Menace
-All 5 Times each
The only movies I have seen twice this year were A.I. and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this really counts, but when I was in high school, I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show 26 times. It played at a small hole-in-the-wall theater in Verona, New Jersey every Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight back in 1987 and 1988. I'd go with a bunch of my friends almost every week. We'd see the same people dressed up as the various characters acting out the movie at the front of the theater each time. It was a good time. Afterwards, we'd go to a diner across the street and get home at about 4 a.m. That was a lot of fun. :)
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime
[Edited last by KeithH on September 15, 2001 at 10:33 AM]

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I don't do many multiple viewings anymore, especially if there is something else to see (I want to see Ghost World again this week but have to review Hardball), however the film I have seen most is a tie: American Beauty and American Pie at 6 times complete. American Pie would have the record since I've sat and watched the tail ends of it about three times as well.
Some five-timers include Toy Story 2, Batman Forever, Titan AE and The Matrix.
Never again. The most I've ever seen a film this year more than once is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back at three times. There are also some double viewings in the list like AI, Memento and Shrek. These were mostly done in the dreadful weeks between July 20th and August 3rd when nothing was opening except America's Sweethearts and those damn dirty apes. :)
Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"After about five minutes of this movie, you're going to wish you had ten beers." Ghost World
My Own Film Review Website Coming Soon!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
If I remember correctly I saw Pulp Fiction 5 times, which is the only film I paid to see more than once.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I saw The Phantom Menace 21 times during its theatrical run. The only other non-Star Wars movies that comes close are Back to the Future and Fight Club with 12 and 5 respectively.
------------------
flag.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on September 23, 2001 at 08:34 AM]

KyleK

Second Unit
X-Men - 4 times (BTW, has anyone heard anything more on the rumored DVD rerelease?)
Star Wars: Ep. I - 3 times
Mummy Returns - 2 times
[Edited last by KyleK on September 15, 2001 at 06:28 PM]

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
Even though it dates me, I saw Star Wars 17 times when it first released, I was a lad of 12 or 13. It got to the point that I had memorized most of the lines.
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks