The most wasteful spending you ever done

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thik Nongyow, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Thik Nongyow

Thik Nongyow Stunt Coordinator

When I was getting into DVD, I first bought a DVD-ROM because I could not afford at the time a stand-along player. Several months latter, I bought my first stand-along DVD, the Pioneer DV-333. However, I was very ignorant about connecting A/V cables, A/V inputs and outputs, so I got frustrated and purchased a portable DVD player for about $1200 because I do not have to deal with connecting the DV-333 to my TV. Very stupid and irrational thing to do as I could had asked my brother who is more familiar with electronics to help me, but I was too proud to ask him.

Even though I bought the expensive portable DVD player (code-free) and used it briefly, I learned how to connect my stand-along player as I was in the process of selling it at eBay. When I was able to connect it successfully, I cancel the auction about ten hours before it ended. A few days latter, I auctioned off my portable DVD player, which I eventually sold for $600, about half the price I paid it for. I vowed never to purchase a portable DVD player, as well anything expensive without researching it.

Is there any wasteful spending that you regretted before?

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

In 1985 I wasted all my Bar Mitzvah money on an Apple IIc.

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

P.S. Welcome to the HTF!

4. Shana

Shana Stunt Coordinator

Damn, Scott, I was going to say something to the effect that I am surprised computers had already been invented back when you were 13, but you were born a few months AFTER me...[​IMG]

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Well, I did pay my taxes last year...

6. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

My wife and I once donated $250 to some AIDS type organization here in Northern California. They represented that the money would go toward housing single parent families where the parent had AIDS. Turns out they were a complete scam. I HATE people who exploit those in need just to line their own pockets with cash.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]