The most unreal gaming experience I have ever had...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, Jun 29, 2002.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I just finished the 3rd mission of Medal Of Honor Allied Assault on my brothers PC. I always liked video games and have always had a system of sorts kicking around, but never considered myself a gamer. Tonight though was "the" experience I needed.

Playing the game with my Grado SR125 headphones on and the volume mildly loud I felt absolutely stunned getting off the boat at Omaha beach. I watched the 3 or 4 troops in front of me get shot and me push ahead and jump in the water. I waded through it and finally reached the beach. Hiding behind one of those spikey things (for lack of a technical term) I just sat and watched some of the other troops run up beside me, and unfortenetly watched others get mowed down. I actually felt angry. My health was down to 20% so I knew I was soon done but I crouched down and checked what was going on around me. The visuals and even my own emotions were on a high...it was so cool.

So of course I repeated this many times and finally was able to get into the bunker. From there I was so pumped up I shot everything in sight. Went to the house to defend it and after that level was cleared decided it was time for a break, especially after the windows XP tutorial "staring at the moniter to long can be harmful" flickered on screen so I knew it was time to relax. So now I'm writing this as this is my break.

But its only a break. And what a fucking game.

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer