The most stupid school assignment you had.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luc, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

I like to see anyone top this one:

College, human nutrition course.

Our assignment was to collect all our urine over a 24hr period to analyze in the lab for vit C and other nutrients. We all walked around campus with 2 gallon container of our urine and fill it each time we have to go. People wondered what the heck I was doing in the toilet and thought I was some sicko. Come lab time, everyone took out their containers. The lab stunk big time and you wouldn't believe the variety of color you see. Some had several 2 gallon containers! I still have nightmares till this day :b.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

When the teacher asked for volunteers, did you respond by saying, "Urine luck"?

3. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

I'd be pissed. [​IMG]
    -JNS

4. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    In high school for our "Speech And Communications" class we had to construct a full head mask and choreograph an interpretive dance to a song of our choice.

The idea was to "free ourselves". That teacher was the flakiest person I have ever met.

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

C'mon Jasen, you can't tell us a story like that and not tell us what your song was. [​IMG]

6. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

We had to carry around an egg as if it were a baby.

Now that I have a baby, I realize how ludicrous that was.

7. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

8. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Dave it was The World's Address by They Might Be Giants. The mask was basically aluminum foil and duct tape.
    I think I am mentally scarred. [​IMG]

9. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

I was in a class called "Current Events" in high school that consisted of reading Newsweek and taking a test over the week's events. This was taught by a coach (I guess all the Driver's Ed positions were filled) so of course the content of the class was absurd. One week, the big news story was the Soviet withdrawal from Afganistan. The "teacher" made us watch Rambo III (where he is kicking Afghani butt) and write a report on Afghanistan based on that. Seriously. And this class supposedly was for history credit...

10. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

11. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

12. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I'm glad I never had to do anything like that egg/baby bit. I would have gotten myself into serious trouble. I probably would have done something like immediately scramble it and then eat it, while saying something like "Yes, that's how I intend to care for any babies that get within my reach."
    I remember one teacher in HS who had a weekly 'current events' discussion where we all had to bring a newspaper or magazine clipping to talk about. I took articles from Aviation Week to comment on. Let's just say that the philosophies within this fine magazine were completely out of sync with those of the teacher [​IMG]
    Then I had an English teacher who treated HS students like kindergardeners. She went around all the desks before class to check if we had paper and pencil placed *just so* and then gave us "points" for that. Sheesh.

13. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

It wasn't exactly an assignment, but going with the whole watching movies aspect...soph year in HS, during my Algebra 2 class, we watched The Rock. Seemed kinda weird.

14. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Ever seen Donnie Darko?

You remember the Fear/Love lifeline.....

2 weeks ago, ours was entitled Hate/Love. Same exact thing.

BTW - I goto a Private Christian School. It was my choice to go there due to religious convictions, but damn can they be boneheaded sometimes.

15. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

In nursing school, we had so many STUPID assignments that it's hard to single any of them out...

The "guys" had to wear a pregnancy belly (aka a prosthetic bigbelly with big breasts) so they'd know how uncomfortable pregnancy was for a woman. (Yeah right...9 minutes vs 9 months!)

Then the instructors would pass out fake rubber "breasts" so we could practice checking for lumps. Here we were, all feeling up boobs in class! If we pressed that hard on real patients, they'd smack us silly.

Then there was the time we had to collect "germs" from the toilet seats with Q-tips and grow our own cultures in petrie dishes. Fun, huh?

I think the instructors basically wanted to see how much crap we could take. I can just see them sitting in the lounge laughing at us.