What's new

The most stupid school assignment you had. (1 Viewer)

Luc

Stunt Coordinator
I like to see anyone top this one:

College, human nutrition course.

Our assignment was to collect all our urine over a 24hr period to analyze in the lab for vit C and other nutrients. We all walked around campus with 2 gallon container of our urine and fill it each time we have to go. People wondered what the heck I was doing in the toilet and thought I was some sicko. Come lab time, everyone took out their containers. The lab stunk big time and you wouldn't believe the variety of color you see. Some had several 2 gallon containers! I still have nightmares till this day :b.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
In high school for our "Speech And Communications" class we had to construct a full head mask and choreograph an interpretive dance to a song of our choice.

The idea was to "free ourselves". That teacher was the flakiest person I have ever met.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
We had to carry around an egg as if it were a baby. Now that I have a baby, I realize how ludicrous that was.
Did you break it? :D
We had people in our school naming them, painting faces on them and dressing them up. (egg's that is...) :laugh:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Dave it was The World's Address by They Might Be Giants. The mask was basically aluminum foil and duct tape.
I think I am mentally scarred. ;)

Shane Gralaw

Second Unit
I was in a class called "Current Events" in high school that consisted of reading Newsweek and taking a test over the week's events. This was taught by a coach (I guess all the Driver's Ed positions were filled) so of course the content of the class was absurd. One week, the big news story was the Soviet withdrawal from Afganistan. The "teacher" made us watch Rambo III (where he is kicking Afghani butt) and write a report on Afghanistan based on that. Seriously. And this class supposedly was for history credit...

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Did you break it?
Not my egg, but I did kidnap somebody else's egg and took Polaroids of it around the school. Things ended badly however when we decided to videotape ourselves "torturing" the egg and accidentally broke it. I had to go to the teacher and apologize for what happened. Luckily for me, the whole thing got laughed off when the teacher saw the tape.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I'm glad I never had to do anything like that egg/baby bit. I would have gotten myself into serious trouble. I probably would have done something like immediately scramble it and then eat it, while saying something like "Yes, that's how I intend to care for any babies that get within my reach."
I remember one teacher in HS who had a weekly 'current events' discussion where we all had to bring a newspaper or magazine clipping to talk about. I took articles from Aviation Week to comment on. Let's just say that the philosophies within this fine magazine were completely out of sync with those of the teacher :D
Then I had an English teacher who treated HS students like kindergardeners. She went around all the desks before class to check if we had paper and pencil placed *just so* and then gave us "points" for that. Sheesh.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It wasn't exactly an assignment, but going with the whole watching movies aspect...soph year in HS, during my Algebra 2 class, we watched The Rock. Seemed kinda weird.

Travis D

Second Unit
Ever seen Donnie Darko?

You remember the Fear/Love lifeline.....

2 weeks ago, ours was entitled Hate/Love. Same exact thing.

BTW - I goto a Private Christian School. It was my choice to go there due to religious convictions, but damn can they be boneheaded sometimes.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
In nursing school, we had so many STUPID assignments that it's hard to single any of them out...

The "guys" had to wear a pregnancy belly (aka a prosthetic bigbelly with big breasts) so they'd know how uncomfortable pregnancy was for a woman. (Yeah right...9 minutes vs 9 months!)

Then the instructors would pass out fake rubber "breasts" so we could practice checking for lumps. Here we were, all feeling up boobs in class! If we pressed that hard on real patients, they'd smack us silly.

Then there was the time we had to collect "germs" from the toilet seats with Q-tips and grow our own cultures in petrie dishes. Fun, huh?

I think the instructors basically wanted to see how much crap we could take. I can just see them sitting in the lounge laughing at us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks