What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Unsubtle but never insincere, MGM’s prestige production of The Mortal Storm is given a fine Blu-ray presentation by Warner Archive.

The Mortal Storm (1940)

Released: 14 Jun 1940
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 100 min

Director: Frank Borzage
Genre: Drama

Cast: Margaret Sullavan, James Stewart, Robert Young, Frank Morgan
Writer(s): Claudine West (screen play), Hans Rameau (screen play), George Froeschel (screen play), Phyllis Bottome (based on the book by)

Plot: The Roth family leads a quiet life in a small village in the German Alps during the early 1930s. When the Nazis come to power, the family is divided and Martin Breitner, a family friend, is caught up in the turmoil.

IMDB rating: 7.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So happy to read your fine review and hope others report their thoughts about the video presentation too because one HTF member lambasted the video on this BD release. I'm hoping to have my BD in the near future so I can join others in sharing my video presentation opinion.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have it also and am quite pleased ! The one user also lambasted Libeled Lady which doesnt hit the market for two weeks ! Something fishy about that one user IMHO

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So happy to read your fine review and hope others report their thoughts about the video presentation too because one HTF member lambasted the video on this BD release. I'm hoping to have my BD in the near future so I can join others in sharing my video presentation opinion.

Thanks Robert!

I think if you know what to look for, you can tell it’s not from the original negative (which apparently no longer survives) but it still looks and sounds quite good. I don’t think there’s anything about it that seems out of place compared to other Blu-rays from WA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks