What's new

The Morning Show (2019) - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Sam.

I liked the 1st season, so it will be interesting to see where they take this. I can't think it will be focused on sexual harassment again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They talk about the coronavirus for 2 seconds. If it's in, it must be very little and at the end.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the 1st episode of S2.

Nice re-introduction of characters. Finishes with a typical cliffhanging-type sting. My wife was complaining that she now had to wait a week for the next episode.

Notice the prominently-placed sneeze of a character in the background at the end? And the producer's downplaying of the China respiratory illness story earlier?

COVID, here we come!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x01 My Least Favorite Year

I liked it. The best part was when they casually mentioned the ilness in China and they didn't pick it up as news. It would have been even better not to show the empty streets this soon.

I was also surprised that this seems more set in our world than the first season. Was mr t. even mentioned in season 1? Was he the president?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Really enjoyed season 1. It was really good.

But six episodes into season 2, and I'm on the fence on whether to even finish the season. Almost all the characters are unlikeable, and it's turning into a soap opera.

The problems, worries and lifestyles of these extremely rich and famous fictional celebrities, is getting harder to empathize with.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Indeed, I think they missed the point. Especially after all the things that happened in the real world, who cares about the small stories that happen to these characters. I think they should have gone macro on the story and covered bigger issues that affect more people.

And I ask this again. Was season 1 this close to our reality? I thought it was in a parallel universe. They don't have to closely follow our universe, they can have a pandemic, other dangerous political people in power. They already use a fake name for their TV station, why not all the other stuff?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x06 A Private Person

I didn't get it. Why Cory outed those 2? They work in his own station.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
2x06 A Private Person

I didn't get it. Why Cory outed those 2? They work in his own station.
My understanding is that by doing so, it would take focus away from the lawsuit from Hannah's family.

As we know, Cory is not above doing such things to remain in power or to boost ratings.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
2x07 La Amara Vita
Worst episode of the season.

2x08 Confirmations
Best episode of the season!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
2x07 La Amara Vita
Worst episode of the season.

2x08 Confirmations
Best episode of the season!

Agree re: episode 8! Awesome episode.

Hilarious (via dark comedy), dramatic, tense, kinetic. And great dialogue.

Mark Duplass's character from S1 was my favourite, and he explodes in this one!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, if people have abandoned this season, come back and watch 2x08!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Season ended. The last 3 episodes were good and interesting. Overall I would say there was 4-5 good episodes in this season.

Looks like Alex Levy is not finished yet. I thought they might end her presence this season. Not by killing her, but because of all the scandals. Loved the Covid scenes she had. To show that even if you are one of the lucky ones, it is nothing enjoyable or a flu like passage. I think it is the first time I see Covid in a scripted Drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks