What's new

The Monster Squad: is it gonna come out on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Martin_KA

Agent
Hi,

Sorry if this has been discussed anywhere else,
but I was just wondering if anyone knew if this movie will see I dvd release,
I really liked this movie

thanx

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the Forum!!! I see that you're relatively new here.

This question has been asked before (I was one of the first to ask). The problem is, nobody has any clue at all who owns the rights to the film. Last I heard, Anchor Bay had a hold of it.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Last I heard, Anchor Bay had a hold of it.
I don't know where you might've heard that from, but Anchor Bay has publically stated on multiple occasions that they do not have the rights to it. Although no one asked about this title at their most recent HTF chat, AB stated that did not have the rights in two chats in 2000 and one in 2001. Anyhow, the film was a Tristar production, so Columbia presumably still has the rights, although someone else may know better where this property currently lies.

DJ

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well...Tristar needs to get this disc out...guess their too busy with their Superbit crap... :rolleyes

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Ah! I love that movie! It's one of the great love letters to the classic horror genre.

Shot in Panavision. Was there a letterboxed Laser?

Oh, this would be a damn good SE for the 'fun' section of my DVD collection, oh yeah! :D

Time to Google this film...

Gordy

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
I rented this the other night on VHS. In total, there were 5 of us sitting around and watched. I missed it. I'm all for this being released on DVD!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I always liked this movie,but i think we will probably see the star wars trilogy on dvd before this. I never thought i would say that about any movie.:frowning: sigh.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks